joe1983 Publish time 28-6-2006 08:58 AM

A person's true wealth is the good deeds that he does in this world.
   The Prophet Mohammed (may God bless him and grant him peace)

Knowledge raises the low, but ignorance brings down the mighty.
   Ali (ra)

Do not grow weary of your prayers, because nobody has ever been destroyed through prayer.

Prayer and worship mean closeness to Allah. Life and death are both agreeable to someone who is close to Allah.
   Mawlana Jalaluddin Rumi

Be patient. Patience is the most important of all things.
    Abu Bakr (ra)

Learn from the past and labor for good.
    Uthman (ra)

So long as you are close to that which is not Allah, you will always be troubled and sorrowful, ascribing partners to Him, and unable to escape the burden of your sins.
   'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani?

One who regards oneself as being above one's deeds is not humble. A humble person regards himself as lower than his deeds.
   Ibn `Ata' Allah al-Iskandari

If you love one another for Allah's sake, Allah will love you
   Ismail Hakki Toprak

Attaching no value to the world means attaching no undue value to others. Attaching no value to others starts with attaching no undue importance to oneself.
   Sufyan-i Savri

Reflection is the key that opens the door to mercy. Do you not see? One first reflects and then repents!
   Sufyan ibn Uyayna

The most auspicious knowledge is that which awakens respect for and fear of Allah.

True humility is born of witnessing His greatness and the manifestation of His Names.

There are three indications of a person's greatness: not complaining in the face of calamity, not groaning in the face of pain, and not praising oneself.
   Abu Darda

Learn what you will, but know that so long as you do not implement what you learn, Allah will give you no reward for it.
   Muadh ibn Jabal

Those closest to Muhammad (saas) are those who follow him. His enemies are those who oppose Allah.
    Ali (ra)

Believers are those who are aware that God is watching them. Such servants restrain their desires and prepare themselves for the Hereafter. The hijr, an obligation that lasts until Doomsday, is the road that leads from ignorance to knowledge, from forgetting Allah to seeking Him, from sin to obedience, and from obduracy to repentance.
   Sahl ibn Abdi'llah at-Tustari

Those who belittle and mock His servants do not know Allah. Those who love the Creator also love those formed by His artistry.
   Aisha (ra)

Those who show patience when they cannot obtain something, contentment when they achieve it, and fortitude when they lose it are those who have heedfulness
   Imam Ghazzali

Those who love prefer to please those whom they love instead of pleasing others.
   Imam Ghazzali

Believers are like pearls. Wherever they may be, they are beautiful there
    Maliq ibn Dinar

Those servants who trust only Allah are strong true servants.
   Said an-Nabaci

Liberating the heart can be attained through four virtues: humility before Allah alone, needing Allah alone, fearing and respecting Allah alone, and hoping from Allah alone.
   Said al-Hiri

One sign that the heart has died is not regretting advantages one has missed while feeling nothing for one's evil deeds.

Those who constantly speak of their own good deeds are silenced by one error, but no error can silence those who speak of Allah's blessings.

The wise people are those who fear and respect Allah.
   Amir ibn Sharahil

Be among those who fear and respect Allah. Polytheism can be internal or external. External polytheism means worshipping idols, whereas internal polytheism means abandoning Allah and relying on other people, trusting them, and expecting loss or gain from them.
   'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani?

The world rules whoever loves and seeks it, and serves whoever abandons and denies it. The world is that which desires and that which is desired. Whoever desires the world is rejected by it. Whoever rejects the world is followed by it. The world is a bridge over the road to the Hereafter. Cross that bridge, but do not behave as if you will remain on it forever. It is unwise to build palaces on bridges. Take as much from the world as will lead you to the Hereafter, but leave behind that which will prevent you from entering it.
    Yahya ibn Muadh

O Allah, I shelter behind you from all deeds that will displease you. O Allah, I ask for the most essential, the most clean, and the honor You bestow. O Allah, do not make me so busy that I fall into the forgetfulness of those who forget You. May I be worthy of Your approval. O Allah, make me a servant remembered only for loving You, hoping for nothing from his worship! O Allah, fill my heart with joy from You, purify my tongue with Your Names, let my limbs labor on tasks You will find good and of which You will approve. O Allah, eliminate all traces, memories, recollections, and feelings that are not of You!
   Junayd al-Bagdadi

Devout labor is labor expecting praise and reward from Allah alone.
    Ali (ra)

If you love Allah and spread the love of Him, all things in heaven and Earth will love you. Obey Allah, and all those in heaven and Earth will obey you.
   Ibrahim Dassuki

O Allah, make my silence reflection. May I learn when I look. Make my tongue repeat Your Names. May I always remember You.
   Talha ibn Musarrif

Whoever surrenders his heart to Allah alone and concentrates on this, bright sparks of wisdom will rise from his heart and pour from his tongue.
   Yahya ibn Muadh

When you wish the doors of hope to be opened, remember the blessings you have received from Allah. When you wish the doors of fear to be opened, look at what you have done for Him.

O friend, turn to Allah alone and place your complete trust in none other than Him. Everything happens by His choosing and His will. Place the approval of no servant and being above that of Allah.
   Abdulkadir Destuti

joe1983 Publish time 28-6-2006 08:59 AM

The saying "The heart is the abode of Allah" means that the servant must place only what Allah loves in his heart and must keep all that He condemns out of his heart.
    Abu'l Hassan Ali ibn Vafa (ra)

Two friends are like two hands, one of which washes the other.
    Ali (ra)

Turning to Allah at the start of a task is a sign of its successful conclusion.

The best religious observance is to do what is commanded and avoid what is forbidden.
   Umar (ra)

How strange that people rebel against Allah while the flames are burning beneath them.
    Elmalili Hamdi Yazir

Gratitude is not rebelling against Allah with Allah's blessings.
   Junayd al-Baghdadi

Whoever wishes his blessings to be permanent, let him praise Allah and say: "It is He Who is the Lord of blessings, Who imparts them, and does good."
   Abu'l Hassan Ali ibn Vafa

If you do not implement your knowledge, Allah will not reward it.
   Muadh ibn Jabal

Those who were prophets and those who were not obtained the greatest good through patience.
    Maymun ibn Mihran

The person who takes those who turn their backs on Allah as their friends will be belittled by Him in the eyes of His servants.

Who shall I take as my friend? He who knows you as you are, from whom you cannot hide your true self; in other words, Allah.
    Abu Yazid al-Bastami

Success comes from Allah, as does facility.
   Sayyid Qutb

Putting off service to a later time is the stupidity of earthly passions (nafs ).

Words that speak of Allah are beautiful. Thinking of His blessings is the highest religious observance.
   Umar ibn Abd-al-Aziz

How can the public gaze be of any importance when the gaze of Allah is upon you? Leave aside the way of the public and try to see that of God.

Do not ask someone to meet a need that God can meet. How can such a person give you what He does not? How can one who is unable to meet one's own needs meet those of another?

A perfected individual is one who tames one's desires. Allah praises and elevates such a person through the tongues of His servants.

Allah gave you this world so that you may seek the Hereafter with it, not for you to desire it.
   Uthman (ra)

1) The Recollection of the Tongue: Calling on Allah for evil and the flesh to be done away with. 2) The Recollection of the Heart: Attaining the awareness placed in the heart by Allah through sincere reflection. 3) The Recollection of The Self: Calling on Allah not with sounds and words, but sincerely, with feeling and imagination. 4) The Recollection of the Soul: Looking in the light of the manifestation of His delightful Names in the universe and reflecting upon Him.
   Ahmad Cahidi Efendi

Do not fall into despair if blessings come late, even though you keep asking for them, because Allah has promised to heed prayers. Yet the wish to be granted will be granted because He wishes it for you, not because you wish it for yourself.

If you are not content with Allah, can you expect Him to be content with you?
   Yahya ibn Muadh

Let those who seek wisdom not rebel against Allah.
    Bishri Hafi

What is the sign that a person is deprived of Allah's help? Regarding good and auspicious things as ugly, and ugly things as good and auspicious.
   Muhammad ibn Ka'b al-Karazi

Those who make three claims without doing three things, those who claim that Allah loves them although they indulge in what He has forbidden, those who say they desire Paradise although they do not spend their wealth in auspicious ways, and those who claim to love the Prophet (saas) although they do not love the poor. These are liars.
   Hatim al-Asamm

Who is a hypocrite? Those who talk of Islam but does not labor.
   Huzaifa (ra)

Services rendered by people who have not tamed their selves are usually performed for those selves, not for Allah.
   Imam al-Ghazzali

Allah states that the consequence of deviating toward oppressors is the Fire (Surah Hud: 113). Just think: If not being an oppressor but just being close to them can lead one to the flames, what must happen to the oppressors themselves?
   Imam al-Ghazzali

True love appears, or rather manifests itself in three ways: The lover prefers the words of the beloved to those of others, prefers the conversation of the beloved to that of others, and prefers to please the beloved rather than others.
   Imam al-Ghazzali

How can servants capable of reasoning boast of their deeds? To be able to perform a deed is a blessing from Allah. All servants should feel gratitude and humility for being given that opportunity.
   Abu Sulayman ad-Darani

Do not make friends with those whose words do not show the path of Allah, whose states are far from Him.

Why must a person love his friend? Because one sees that he serves our Lord well.
   Abu Safvan ibn Avane

Prolonged exposure to lies, error, and empty and hollow things removes the taste of worship from one's heart. Whoever wishes to remain vibrantly alive must cast all greed and covetousness from one's heart.
    Abdullah ibn Hubayk

The thing that will draw you closer to Allah is to ask from and beseech Him alone. What will draw you close to other people and raise your esteem in their eyes is to ask nothing from them.
   Abu Bakr al-Varrak

Sickness of the body appears with pains and aches. Sickness of the heart appears with sin. Just as food has no taste when you are sick, so the heart feels no flavor in worship when it is mired in sin.
   Dhunnun al-Misri

Hasten to perform such good deeds as you can before death comes.
   Uthman (ra)

Allah loves gentleness in all things.

None of you can be a perfected believer so long as you do not wish for your brother what you wish for yourself.

Improve yourself before seeking to improve others.
    Umar (ra)

It is healthy to remember Allah.
   Umar (ra)

Rebel against your desires, but obey Allah.
    'Abd al-Qadir al- Jilani

Hold onto your blessings by giving thanks to Allah.
   A. Arvasi

Our conscience is the most secret witness of an evil deed.
   Umar (ra)

Nothing is as good for the heart as what emanates from it. The purer the heart and the more devoted to Allah, the greater the benefit.
   Umar (ra)

Know what you will, but you can only impart as much as the other person can understand.
    Mawlana Jalal ad-Din Rumi

The most ignorant person is one who sells the Hereafter for another's world.
   Umar (ra)

The best of faith: To know that wherever you may be, Allah is with you.

There can be no greater shame than not seeing in oneself a fault one sees in others.
   Umar (ra)

Forgiveness is the alms of victory.

Nobody can change or avoid his destiny.
    Goethe

In the same way that fire swallows up wood, envy swallows up and destroys goodness.

Justice is the foundation of property.
   Umar (ra)

He Who created the mosquito's eye also created the Sun.
   Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

True freedom is servitude to God.
    Ali (ra)

People first ruin their health for the sake of money, and then spend money to regain their health.
   Goethe

Purify your world. Labor for the Hereafter as if you will die tomorrow.

Calling on His Names is balm for the heart.

joe1983 Publish time 28-6-2006 09:01 AM

Violence for the people

Two friends are like two hands, one of which washes the other.

By Him in Whose hand my soul is, a man does not believe till he likes for his brother what he likes for himself.

Avoid envy, for envy devours good deeds just as fire devours fuel.

Among the best of you who have the best character.

God does not look at your forms and possessions, but He looks at your hearts and your deeds.

Love for God envelopes the heart, it rules the heart and it even spreads over everything.
   Imam Ghazzali

Acquire knowledge, and for acquiring knowledge learn to be calm and clement.
    Caliph Umar

Everyone is in the world as a guest, and his money is but a loan. The guest must go sooner or later and the loan must be returned.
    Ibn Masud

Know that patience, if viewed against one's affairs is like the head to the body. If the head leaves the body the whole body will be spoiled, likewise, if patience leaves, all affairs will be spoiled.
    Caliph Ali

Patience is of two halves, one half is patience, the other half is thanking God.
    Ibn Masud

Fear more the sin when you are out of sight, it is where your witness is also your judge.
    Caliph Ali

The person I like most is the one who points out my defects.
    Caliph Umar

Intention is the measure for rendering actions true, so that, where intention is sound, action is sound, and where it is corrupt, then action is corrupt.
    Imam an-Nawawi

I looked at all friends, and did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience.
    Caliph Umar

He Who created the eye of the mosquito is the One Who created the sun.
    Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

Distress teaches vice. Despair is the source of misguidance; and darkness of heart, the source of distress of the spirit.
    Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

Solidarity in a society results in tranquility in all its activities, while mutual envy causes all its activities to come to a standstill.
    Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

The revival of religion is the revival of the nation. The life of religion is the light of life.
    Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

A person who sees the good in things has good thoughts. And he who has good thoughts receives pleasure from life.
    Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Precaution is better than cure.
   Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wisdom is found only in truth.
   Johann Wolfgang von Goethehe

Science without religion is lame.
    Einstein

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
    Einstein

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
    Einstein

Two things inspire me to awe-the starry heavens above and the moral universe within.
    Einstein

What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of "humility."
    Einstein

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
    Einstein

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
    Einstein

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
    Einstein

http://786gifts.com/786/images/banner-QURAN-cd.gif
http://nursyifa.hypermart.net/khazanah_islamiah/nur_quran/al_quran.gif
http://restoration-experts.com/ORC/ORH/I/Q/banner_quran.jpg

linazz_123 Publish time 7-7-2006 11:15 PM

sori ek kalau dah ade:rf::rf:

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.
-- ALI IBN ABI TALIB --

A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.
-- ALI IBN ABI TALIB --

The remarkable thing we have is choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.We cannot change our past ....We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.We cannot change the inevitable.The only we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
-- CHARLES SWINDOLL --

makan untuk hidup bukan hidup untuk makan

linazz_123 Publish time 7-7-2006 11:27 PM

It is so often true that whether a person carries with him an atmosphere of gloom and depression or one of confidence and courage depends on his individual outlook.
-- JAMES KELLER --

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear.
-- MARK TWAIN --

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-- ABRAHAM LINCOLN --

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
-- WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE --

Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst.Never make a move if you are merely optimistic.
-- THE ZURICH AXIOMS --

linazz_123 Publish time 7-7-2006 11:45 PM

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.   
-- THE ZURICH AXIOMS --

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-- SIR RICHARD STEELE --

Attitude is more important that the past, than exucation, the money, than circumstances, than what people do or say.It is more important that appearence, giftedness, or skill.
-- CHARLES SWINDOLL --

The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than Jewels.
-- HAZRAT INAYAT KHAN --

I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me said.Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times;but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
-- HELEN ADAMS KELLER --

It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which more than anything else, will affect its succesful outcome.
-- WILLIAM JAMES --

Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.
-- WILLIAM JAMES --

linazz_123 Publish time 8-7-2006 12:01 AM

When one door of happiness closes, another opens;but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
-- HELLEN KELLER --

Success is getting and achieving what you want.Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get.
-- BERNARD MELTZER --

Things turn our best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
-- ART LINKLETTER --

I believe life is to be lived, not worked, enjoyed, not agonized, loved, not hated.
-- LENAND BARTLETT --

Success is a state of mine.If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
-- DR. JOYCE BROTHERS --

Men are failurs, not because the are stupid, but because they are not sufficiently impassioned.
-- STRUTHER BURT --

A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.
-- LEN WEIN --

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.
-- DAVID STARR JORDAN --

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:30 PM

A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.

-Goethe

Don't dare to be different, dare to be yourself

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:31 PM

"The successful man will profit from his mistake and try again in a different way" Dale Carnegie

When You Are Green, You Will Grow

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:32 PM

Go out for adventure... Come home for love...

God promises a safe landing... not a calm passage.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.    -author unknown

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:33 PM

There are two lasting bequests we can leave our children -- one is roots, the other one is wings   
                                                                                                                  Hodding Carter, Jr
Everyone hears only what he understands.                                             Goethe
A truly wise person knows that he knows not.

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:33 PM

All art is but imitation of nature. - Seneca

Reach for the Stars Dare to Dream Believe in yourself

We get comfort from those who agree with us and growth from those who don't.    Frank Clark

seribulan Publish time 14-7-2006 03:34 PM

Those who do not hear the music think the dancers mad.    African proverb

Get down on your knees and thank God you are on your feet.    Irish saying

Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.    Emily Dickinson

seribulan Publish time 19-7-2006 01:53 PM

Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.   Mother Teresa

Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.   Sir James Dewar

To teach is to touch a life. A caring teacher touches the lives of many
Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God.    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -    Eleanor Roosevelt

Opportunity is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.    Samuel Johnson

seribulan Publish time 19-7-2006 01:55 PM

There are some people who cannot say the words 揑 Love You

seribulan Publish time 17-9-2006 05:02 PM

What you can do or dream you can begin it...
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
                           Johann Von Goethe

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
                           Merlin, character in Excalibur

Thinking is the activity I love best and writing is simply
thinking through my fingers.
                           Isaac Asimov

The more you know, the less you need to say.
                           James Rhon

Short words are best, and the old words when short are best of all.
                           Winston Churchill

seribulan Publish time 25-9-2006 04:30 PM

Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies.

Richard Buckminster Miller

You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across,
your ideas won't get you anywhere.

Lee Iacocca

hyphrigian Publish time 1-10-2006 07:08 AM

there's a million ways to see a things in life, a million ways to be the fool, in the end of it none of us is right,sometimes we need to be alone...

seribulan Publish time 3-10-2006 11:47 PM

When angry count to ten before u speak (or write), if very angry, one hundred.

A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.
                                                                                              Dr. Joseph Collins.

Every person is the creation of himself, the image of his own thinking and believing,
As individuals think and believe, so they are.
                                                                                          Claude Bristol.

hyphrigian Publish time 4-10-2006 01:10 AM

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.these are the pale deaths which men miscall their life all this i cannot bear to witness any longer.cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home
                           Merlin, character in Excalibur sambunagn oleh clifford lee burton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
View full version: Koleksi Petikan Kata Hikmat/Ahli2 Falsafah (merged with simplelife)

ADVERTISEMENT