Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Syd

Pulau di Wilayah Krabi, Selatan Thailand

Close [Copy link]
Post time 17-1-2008 01:53 PM | Show all posts
Susaan Hoi ( Shell Cemetery )

Located about 20 km from Krabi, and 17 km from the town of Ban Laem Pho, close to the Laem Pho village, this is one of the most outstanding natural phenomena. It is straight out of the Ripley's site, Believe it or Not !! There are only three such sites in the whole world and in Asia, this is the only one.

At first glance this may look like some slabs of concrete fallen from some invisible roof. The whole shore line has got huge boulders scattered around. In fact, it is graveyard of snail shells.

There was a large fresh water swamp in Ban Laem Pho some 75 million years ago when the swamp was full of snails. They lived and died here and eventually, layer upon layer of snail shells got accumulated. Global changes in weather obliterated the swamp and the snail shells got fossilized to some half metre thick lignite rock. Further natural upheavals of the terrain broke these into large impressive thick sheets and boulders and distributed them all around the sea shore of Cape Laem.

The cemetery is best observed at low tides and the extent of the fossilized remains is staggering.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-1-2008 12:09 AM | Show all posts
Tham Phi Hue To / Hualok

This is a large cave with special attraction to the archeologists. There are plenty of prehistoric drawings in the cave. Various animals and people in hunting gear are depicted on the walls. The cave is on a hill surrounded by mangroves and water. Accessibility to the caves is by boat from the Krabi Town pier.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2008 01:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by halimunSER at 17-10-2007 03:06 AM
mengugat kalbu.. nak pi berurut tepi pantai la pulak

yah..cantik! teringain nak ke sana thn ni!

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2008 03:19 AM | Show all posts
Beaches & Islands in the Sun
Ao Nang Beach
Krabi is hardly 18 km away from the bay and the bay has some 83 islands scattered around. Each one of these islands are a short distance away from one another. And during low tides, you can even wade your way to the neighboring island. In this sort of a natural set up, there is little shortage for sandy beaches and crystal clear water. But among them all, Ao Nang beach is supposed to be the best.

Ao Nang has the cleanest of environments in the area. This is the most developed beach in the area. And the beach is accessible by road from Krabi. Less crowded and more quiet, it gives a more peaceful atmosphere to the tourist than the Krabi. The majestic looking limestone cliffs rising straight from calm, clear waters of the sea and the long beach line that runs the whole length of the resort are great attractions claimed exclusively by Ao Nang. The shallow coast line is very safe for children to play with the waves. The deserted beach of Pai Plong is easily accessible on foot when the tide is low.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2008 12:33 PM | Show all posts
Tham Phra Nang Nok

This is otherwise called the Outer Princess Cave. Recently an Inner Princess Cave was discovered which is called Tham Phra Nang Nai. This is named after a mythical princess Nang.the mountain caves of Phra Nang are located at the southern end of Ao Phra Nang beach.

Rock climbers from various parts of the world are attracted to this region for the sheer pleasure of climbing the challenging cliff faces. Inside the inner cave , there is a pool which is hidden called Sa Phra Nang. This can be reached via a trail to the interior of the mountain side.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2008 12:35 PM | Show all posts
I have been to Koh Samui and Krabi. Both are nice .

Koh Samui is very happening. Its a party island. From Koh Samui can take a boat to Koh Pangan, another small island and very happening during New Year;s celebration. The Party was massive ! all night long till morning. Everyone just sleep on the beach.Careful of drugs !! people there are crazy,..every one just party like no one's business.

On the other hand Krabi, is really unique with the limestone and nice beaches. From Aonang, the small town located by the beach, you can go to Phi phi Island, another small island where the villagers there only use bicycle n walk. no motorbike.
This island is called Phi Phi Don. From Phi Phi Don, can take a boat to Phi Phi Ley, this is where the famous Maya Bay is located.

They shot the film " The Beach" by Leonardo Dicaprio in 90's here.This place is so famous and Thai Govern announce it as a marine park/reserve. No construction can be done there. People only go there for a day trip or follow the camping tour organized by any tour agent.

This is how Maya Bay looks like :

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 27-1-2008 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Rai Leh & Hat Tham Beachesib

Two of the most popular beaches in Ao Phra Nang peninsula are Rai Leh and Hat Tham. This is just to the south of Ao Nang. Phra Nang area is a hilly terrain with craggy limestone cliffs. There are no proper roads in this area. The beaches are accessible by long tail boats. This scenario gives a secluded feel to the place.

sunset at rai leh

rai leh beach

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2008 02:04 PM | Show all posts
macamana dengan tempat penginapan... satu family nak pi nii

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-1-2008 01:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #68 halimunSER's post

Wak pegi bulan Mac ni dah booking kat Krabi Pura. Ada kawan wak yg recommend hotel nih.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-1-2008 06:00 AM | Show all posts
wah .. best la wak
agak agak berapa harga hotel kat krabi pura ni semalam ?

didahului dgn terima kasih daun ketapang ...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-1-2008 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Krabi Pura bukan dekat dgn pantai kan.  Ada sesiapa tahu tak any good and not so expensive hotel near AoNang Beach. Ingat nak ke sana May nanti.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2008 12:57 AM | Show all posts

Reply #70 budakjawa's post

satu malam lebih kurang BH1000.00 including breakfast. Lebih kurang sama ngnan harga hotel kat Prt Jawa, Muor...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2008 01:05 AM | Show all posts

Reply #71 surya's post

Ada beberapa reason  kenapa wak pilih Krabi Pura walaupun location bukan dekat pantai :-

1.  cheap
2.  the service is superb (according to my friend who had stayed there)
3. dekat ngan night market - senang nak makan dan shopping
4.  jauh daripada tourist traps
5. dekat dengan jetty untuk ke pulau2 berhampiran
6. owner of the hotel is very helpful, she will adivse some tips and things to do
7. walaupun bukan tepi pantai, but going to the beach just take 10 minutes by car.

kat aonang beach kebanyakkan hotel above BH2000 per night.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2008 10:19 AM | Show all posts
i read the reviews abt krabi pura...well sumer bagi review yg best2...hmmm....i think i shud go there gak bulan 7 nih...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2008 12:40 AM | Show all posts
hi geng,

i pun plan nak gi sana may nanti, flight ticket suma dah beli, belum book hotel je...

dah browse some of the hotels, ingat nak book kat Krabi Resort.
reason, sbb dekat ngan beach (ao nang), pastu boleh pegi private island.  ok ke?

i prefer surroundings yg tak havoc sgt, coz bawak 2 kids. & if possible senang cari tpt makan,  hotel ni ok ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2008 12:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by duyong95 at 30-1-2008 10:19 AM
i read the reviews abt krabi pura...well sumer bagi review yg best2...hmmm....i think i shud go there gak bulan 7 nih...

kat mana u chk review ni ek? krabi pura ni kat town ke?
rasanya tak jumpa lak krabi pura ni....maybe coz i surf for hotels yg nearby beaches kut...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-2-2008 12:49 AM | Show all posts

Reply #76 ulat's post

atkrabipura.multiply.com/photos/album/2/KRABI_PURA_at_Glance_

hmmm...boleh tahan jugak for a backpacker like me....bersih...cuma xde ghobok baju aje la...  hotel ni tepi krabi river...tgk mcm lawo je scenery dia....

loads of questions:

1)  any hotel recommendations in Aao Nang?  banyak nau aku tgk list dia.  dunno which 1 to choose.  pls help.  aku tetiba blur plak kat krabi nih....

2)  makanan halal.  mana eh kat area krabi tuh?

3)  shopping wise mcm mana?

4)  how it will talk to go to phi2 island frm krabi?  any hotel recommendations?

sekian, persembahan...

[ Last edited by  duyong95 at 6-2-2008 12:55 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2008 12:50 AM | Show all posts
i will stay bout 4 nites, so plan 1 of the day nak sewa keta, is it worth it kalau kita sewa keta?..then sapa tau, berapa agak2 sewa nya ek?

thanks coz wak & kengkawan lain pun dah bagi interest places, i memang plan nak gi kubur seashell tu, jenjalan kat krabi town, nak visit national park, then 1 day nak spend kat phi phi.

sewa  keta (if possible), nak jenjalan jejauh sikit coz nak masuk ceruk2 kampung depa,...nak tgk culture & life they all...

apa lagi ek aktiviti / interest places kat sana? anyone can share?

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2008 12:56 AM | Show all posts
thanks duyong....ooo..ini tempat mmg kat town la rupanya...

tp best gak ni, senang nak beli brg & makan....
tapi besa la..kalo namanya dah bawak ciak-miak, kena la ada pool/laut...utk backpackers ni ok sgt la ni..takat nak tido/mandi je, ok sgt la nih....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2008 01:00 AM | Show all posts

Reply #79 ulat's post

mmg ok pon...tpkan ulat, aku kena carik hotel yg ada fridge sbb ada plak member aku nyer laki kena letak insulin dlm tuh....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 02:44 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070401 second(s), 41 queries .