Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 31923|Reply: 190

Flight attendant career guide : att to all cabin crews wannabe

[Copy link]
C:kL:pas This user has been deleted
Post time 6-2-2004 10:18 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
So you think you want to be a flight attendant? My name is C:kL:pas, I抦 an ex Singapore Airlines flight attendant based in Singapore itself..I抳e been with SIA training programme for 4 months and onboard for 5

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:29 AM | Show all posts
I personally was a 17 year old college dropout when my best friendr saw an ad in the one of the State Journal for flight attendants for SIA... I figured, hey, what the heck, I抣l go to the open house, why not. A week later I was in Changi ..Worth for a second interview, and in training two weeks after that! There are retired bankers, former police officers, stay-at-home moms whose kids are now grown, 19 year-olds who have never even been to college; the flight attendant work force is one of the most diverse in the world. What the airlines are looking for is at least a year, preferably two, of customer service experience or college. College degrees, even any college at all is not required, but does help with the experience factor. You do, however, need a high school diploma or equivalent.

I recommend possessing a valid passport before you interview, it is not required, but most airlines will make you get one anyway, so it抯 just as well to have one before you interview...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:33 AM | Show all posts

choosing an airline...which one??

what kind of airline you抎 like to fly for. ..??there r the major airlines of course...MAS ke..SIA ker...Brunei ke...itu asia..ada Delta, Northwest, Alaska & Continental, which are all great places to be also.... ..one-on-one service with your passengers is what you want... u bleh cuber to be a corporate flight attendant...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:37 AM | Show all posts

Getting the Job

Once u've decided what type of flying u抎 like to do, now u need to get an interview.....the best place to start looking is the internet.....every airline has a website, and usually under the 揷orporate information

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:43 AM | Show all posts

nak tips going for intebiu??

sure.kau nak tau....every airline抯 interview is slightly different...k..., but I can give you some general hints on how to be successful at your interview.

First, get yourself a good looking, good fitting navy blue or black suit. (xcept if u抮e interviewing with Southwest Airlines, their dress code is a little more relaxed.) I know you抮e thinking, ughhhhhhhhh..eyuuuuuuu, I dont want to look like a carbon copy of everybody else there!

Add your own personal touches laaaa...with a colorful scarf... tie or pin...u do NOT want to go to an interview in a skintight red miniskirt suit!, I don抰 care how good it looks on you!!!! Yuppp..... I have seen it done, no she did not get hired...

Be prepared to tell stories about your service experience..... What sort of problem customers have you dealt with.... what conflicts have you solved.

Have stories and be specific, recruiters want to know exactly what u have done.

The number 1rule of a flight attendant interview is to never stop smiling.

I know it sounds corny, but it is true. The recruiters and other employees are watching u, even when you think they抮e not! Make eye contact with the interviewer, but don抰 stare them down.

If you are interviewing with SIA... have a clean joke to tell. Be friendly, personable, and interact with the other candidates you are interviewing with.

Not only are the recruiters watching ur ability to be part of a group (u will be flying with other fight attendants after all) but you may see these people again in training class, and it makes it easier to start training recognizing a few faces in the crowd...ok sayang...be friendly...pleaseee..jangan sombong lagi..uhhh..not that time...ada masa nyer...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:46 AM | Show all posts

Your First Flight Attendant Base..

At some time during new hire training comes the second most important day of training (second only to graduation of course!) and that is the day u receive your base assignments.....some people will jump for joy at the city they are going to, others will cry, and some will even leave training if they don抰 get the city they want. Rarely are you guaranteed a base city before you start training. At some airlines you will know where you are going, but more than likely you will not know where you will be based when you leave home to go to training. It抯 important to fully understand and accept that you may not get to go where you want!

Think of a new city as an adventure, after all, you can transfer bases after you complete a period of time at your first base. Some airlines let you put in for a transfer right away, others make you wait up to a year. All base transfers are assigned in seniority order..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 6-2-2004 10:49 AM | Show all posts
hmm..i could go on for hours about this job... it has so much to offer, and so many rewards, both personally and professionally. There are also many books out there you can buy that will give you airline names and addresses, and career advice.

Again I recommend starting with the internet, it抯 free. Best of luck to u, and see you out there....if im joining back..hehee...walaaaaaa!! who knowsss..!....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2004 10:55 AM | Show all posts
bk nak apply arr..dah jemu jadi ground crew...
nak terbang diawan biru plak..amacam boleh ke..
alamak..lufer aaa...umo tak cukup..hehehe...terlebih cukup...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 6-2-2004 03:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by budak kampung at 6-2-2004 10:55 AM:

alaaaaaaa... baby Bk chiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...ekekee......terlebeh over 30 dahhhhhh...kekeeee...apply pelettt terozzzz laaaa.....opsss....itu spek tuko contact lenzzz arrr....tapi tak cumei...chia tak sukaaaaa....better looking pakai spekkk arrr.....ensem...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2004 05:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by budak kampung at 6-2-2004 10:55:

tak payah la...lupakan je la...hehehehe:nana::nana:

Use magic Report

babySha This user has been deleted
Post time 7-2-2004 09:07 AM | Show all posts
he he...tenkiu kak pas....you are my greatest teacher...thanks akak..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-2-2004 11:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by babySha at 7-2-2004 09:07:
he he...tenkiu kak pas....you are my greatest teacher...thanks akak..

ha..cite la apa yg sha belajar kat sana...bole kongsi2 ilmu...

Use magic Report

Sh|nObU^ This user has been deleted
Post time 9-2-2004 06:53 PM | Show all posts
Tengkiu tengkiu!
Very good advices....

Use magic Report

KiDd^AmieRa This user has been deleted
Post time 14-2-2004 05:30 PM | Show all posts
me also wanna say gracias to cik pas... very good info!

Use magic Report

eddie_joe This user has been deleted
Post time 15-2-2004 12:12 PM | Show all posts

hi....

hmm...just wanna ask what do u think about air asia???....hmmmm...got an offer frm air asia...just wanna know if it is an established company...anybody frm air asia overhere...for your ack...i am workin' with malaysia airlines.....
oooppss b4 i forget.....nice to meet u all.....adios.....:bg:

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2004 12:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eddie_joe at 2004-2-15 12:12:
hmm...just wanna ask what do u think about air asia???....hmmmm...got an offer frm air asia...just wanna know if it is an established company...anybody frm air asia overhere...for your ack...i am w ...

klia....:eek:..uiksss....keja MAS...:stp:
ERRR..ko ni deparment mana..?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2004 02:11 PM | Show all posts
gua kat kargo beb.......tapi...dapat offer air asia (cabin crew)....baru diorang panggil nak interview......

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2004 02:17 PM | Show all posts
humm..kira ok la tu...
mana tau nak try different approach...
dari handle kargo ..tukar kr handle passangers...
lu keja kargo clerk ke...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2004 02:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eddie_joe at 15-2-2004 14:11:
gua kat kargo beb.......tapi...dapat offer air asia (cabin crew)....baru diorang panggil nak interview......

hehehe...welcome on board....aaa..ada sorang from air asia...erid..tapi lama tak nampak muka....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2004 02:48 PM | Show all posts
kira camtuh lar bk:bg:...ni dapat air asia pun sebab pakai kabel (fibre optik lagi)
heheheheheh...tapi interview tetap interview beb...dia cakap confirm tu dah confirm...tapi perlu formallise dier punyer step.......tu nak tanya kalau interview nanti fauvorite question dier tanye aper yek......pernah pergi interview ngan mas dulu.....dapat....tapi diorang cakap kontrak 5thn...so cancel jer lar jwbnyer......

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

8-5-2024 04:50 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076065 second(s), 49 queries .