Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: satira2008

Cambodia [Merged duquesne]

Close [Copy link]
matz_rockz This user has been deleted
Post time 19-9-2006 10:29 AM | Show all posts

another temple,been to so many,i forgot the name.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-9-2006 10:31 AM | Show all posts

kat temple.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 10:36 AM | Show all posts

rows of statues on the side of a road,before we masok the temple

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 10:43 AM | Show all posts
nice pics matz_rockz...:bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 11:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by qasih at 18-9-2006 23:23
wow duquesne well done!!! More pix plsssssssssssss...qasih sabo menunggu nak tengok gambar2 dari
duquesne

Thx for the info duquesne, will try to look for a good reasonable kain silk. And ...

Tak boleh walk ke Angkor Wat from town - kena drive (sewa kereta/tuk-tuk since tourists are not allowed to drive).

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 12:07 PM | Show all posts

More pictures

Ni lagi gambar sekitar Angkor Complex and Tonle Sap Great Lake.. nanti aku letak lagi lepas aku upload yang lelain.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-9-2006 02:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 19-9-2006 10:09 AM
salam ,saya traveller dari singapore.
i was there last month in siem reap.

tempat memang cantik,will return again kalo dapat tikit murah.
saya and isteri we are more like travellers,we don't s ...

Matz rock, qasih nak tanya, driver yg u paid US$20 tu was just driver bukan guide skali ke? Ada tak no tipon/kontak dia?  Atau sesaper yg tau a good honest and reasonale in fees tour guide di sana?

Qasih nak siap bersedia dgn info2 ke Siem Reap siang2! Takot jadi blur sotong kat sana and kena rip off...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:03 AM | Show all posts

Wowwww....I like this one!!!!!

Superb photos from Duq and Mat!!!Keep 'em coming..........they are so beautiful taken by the both of you!!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-9-2006 08:36 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by qasih at 20-9-2006 02:56 AM

Matz rock, qasih nak tanya, driver yg u paid US$20 tu was just driver bukan guide skali ke? Ada tak no tipon/kontak dia?  Atau sesaper yg tau a good honest and reasonale in fees tour guide di ...

hi,i paid US$20 for the driver aje. kalo pakai  guide you pay more.
i'm not so sure about the guide ,perhaps duquesne can help.
about the temples,selalu nya ada budak2 jual buku kat the temple ground.
buku nya cantik...dalam ada gambar colour macam post card.kalo tak salah it is about US$6.
inside the book dia ada tulis info about the temples.
i find the book very helpful.

kat hotel,they offer driver and guide if you need one.

kalo you need tips,try        www.virtualtourist.com

kat this website ada banyak travel tips.hope you find it useful

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 11:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 20-9-2006 08:36

hi,i paid US$20 for the driver aje. kalo pakai  guide you pay more.
i'm not so sure about the guide ,perhaps duquesne can help.
about the temples,selalu nya ada budak2 jual buku kat the tem ...

qasih,
Normally transport rental (e.g. van, car) costs from USD20 to USD30 a day, depending on where you wanna go. Say, if around Angkor Complex, it might cost you between USD20 - USD25 a day including a driver, but not tour guide. Actually you don't need a tour guide, you can just ask the driver the name of the place/temple, and you can tell him where you wanna go other than Angkor Complex. If it requires longer trip, then you might need to pay more.  But if you insist on getting a tour guide to help you out, then you can arrange with the hotel.

For example, I stayed at Princess Angkor Hotel and I arranged for the tour with the hotel. I paid USD25 a day to go to the Angkor Complex (round round kat situ from Bayon sampai ler Bantay Kdey)except Angkor Wat), then I went round round Siem Reap town and Artisan Craft (in town center). The next day I paid USD30 a day to go to Artisan Silk Farm, Tonle Sap Great Lake, West Baray, Old Market at Siem Reap town, and lastly, Angkor Wat. Reason the price is higher is due to going to Tonle Sap Great Lake takes a longer ride. And then to go to Artisan Silk Farm pulak jauh dari Tonle Sap tu, it's like crossing the town from one point to another (imagine macam Shah Alam nak ke Zoo Negara). And the driver was friendly enough to tell us the do's and the dont's.

Pasal budak-budak jual buku tu, kalau nak beli, boleh, tapi hati-hati, once you beli, nanti lagi ramai yang kerumun and suruh beli barang diorang plak. But kalau nak beli jugak, bargain la cukup-cukup. Heheh.. I remember masa kat Elephant Terrace, ada budak ni jual buku pasal Angkor Complex and harga dari USD7 turun sampai USD1 sebab nak suruh sangat I beli. I didn't because I already have one and I used it as a guide to know the place and its history and I saw a few kids yang lelain tu dah standby nak promote barang diorang plak.

I thinks my tips that I gave earlier should be okay for you to start with. Heheh.. don't worry too much. Just enjoy the trip. :pmuka:

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 11:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by qasih at 20-9-2006 03:03

Wowwww....I like this one!!!!!

Superb photos from Duq and Mat!!!Keep 'em coming..........they are so beautiful taken by the bot ...

Thank you... Hehehe..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 12:29 PM | Show all posts
some where near the entrance to the temple,selalu nya ada tempat makan dan minum.kalo nak carik halal food,very difficult...mostly ada pork in the menu.

i brought along,tuna yang dalam tin cap ayam.thank god...i bawak.
i ordered toast with cheese...makan ngan tuna....ok sedap jugak.

TAKE NOTE: my cheese was in a small triangular aluminium wrapper,time i nak unwrap...cheese nya dah mouldy.please check before you makan.

when i was there,the weather was hot....i minum ayer tebu bergelas gelas.
harga nya 1000 riel.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by duquesne at 19-9-2006 12:07 PM
Ni lagi gambar sekitar Angkor Complex and Tonle Sap Great Lake.. nanti aku letak lagi lepas aku upload yang lelain.

http://i ...

duquesne,
kalo kita nak sewa boat for sight seeing kat tonle sap lake...

where do we go to sewa the boat?
thank you very much.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 20-9-2006 14:11

duquesne,
kalo kita nak sewa boat for sight seeing kat tonle sap lake...

where do we go to sewa the boat?
thank you very much.

Ada satu kedai kat area Old Market in Siem Reap- beli tiket boat tu.. USD10 per pax. under Mekong Express kalau tak silap. Then you will have to go to Tonle Sap and take any of the boat there.

Kalau nak senang, boleh tanya your hotel reception. They know better and explain to you. Normally when you hire a car with the driver to go to Tonle Sap, they automatically will bring you to the shop where you can buy the boat ticket, and then to Tonle Sap River.
Oh ya, kat Tonle Sap tu (tempat nak ambik boat - takde jetty, just tebing sungai) tanah dia jenis tanah merah. So kalau pakai kasut putih tu.. pempaham aje la..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 02:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 20-9-2006 12:29
some where near the entrance to the temple,selalu nya ada tempat makan dan minum.kalo nak carik halal food,very difficult...mostly ada pork in the menu.

i brought along,tuna yang dalam tin cap a ...

Hmm yeap.. I brought my own ration too.. because tak sure kan mana satu yang boleh makan.. kosher food pun takde. So better bawak bekal sendiri.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by duquesne at 20-9-2006 02:56 PM

Ada satu kedai kat area Old Market in Siem Reap- beli tiket boat tu.. USD10 per pax. under Mekong Express kalau tak silap. Then you will have to go to Tonle Sap and take any of the boat there.  ...

thanks blood .....for all the help.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2006 12:30 AM | Show all posts
Normally transport rental (e.g. van, car) costs from USD20 to USD30 a day

Dud,  correct me if I am wrong here, the rental cost is on per vehicle not on per pax, ya. That is so wonderful of you both in sharing with me on the 'guide' thing!! Alright, oki doki will follow heed, just use the guide book jer di sana and buku guide tu bleh bargain jugak?? hmmmm...will keep that in mind...eeeerrr sesaper yg ada buku tu and tak pakai lagi, bleh campak kan ke qasih tak?:nyorok:

Mat, even if one chose cheese sandwiches pun boleh tak 'safe' gak, so mesti check on the freshness of those cheese? Ok note taken! :ah:

As a certain member ada kata mereka bawa few bottle of air mineral from home before flying off, well they kind of saved a few US$ for a day or two on drinks, that is interesting to know.

Mat, so air tebu is alright to drink?? Yang di campur dengan ais ketul ke or in a can or did you just order just a concentrated air tebu without added water or ais??

Sorry for asking too much infos and being curious on this Siem Reap trip. Please bear with me with my curiosity for awhile. I need all the infos before going there to understand the place a bit more. ;-)

And I thank you to you both for having the outmost patience in dealing with my non stop questions!
Thx a bunch guys, I will try as much as possible in making this trip a brilliant time together with my other half!. We are looking forward to Siem Reap but after spending a good 4 days and 3 nights there, we will spend a full relaxing and quiet time in Sarawak the damai beach area. I might as well look under sarawak posting for another:jeling: infos

[ Last edited by  qasih at 21-9-2006 08:54 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2006 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by qasih at 21-9-2006 12:30 AM

Dud,  correct me if I am wrong here, the rental cost is on per vehicle not on per pax, ya. That is so wonderful of you both in sharing with me on the 'guide' thing!! Alright, oki doki will foll ...

actually i bot the cold 1 litre bottle drink,but very inconvenient nak bawak sana sini.
the bottled water masih sejok kalo tarok dalam backpack nanti bag basah pulak.so no choice i have to bring it along.nak snap photo pun susah sikit,bottle kena tarok on the ground baru snap gambar.
so we decided to leave the big cold bottle in the car and buy a small bottle instead.

and about the ayer tebu....cuaca panas, minum memang sedap.it was freshly squeezed.dia tarok ice and a slice of limau.i drank about 3 to 4 glasses.
not to worry,kat depan temple pun ada jual canned drinks and kelapa muda.

you'll be walking the whole day visiting the temples,make sure you wear a comfortable pair of shoes.i saw this tourist the pakai high heel shoes,i wonder how she walk the whole day.

in the evening i went for my foot massage with my wife.it cost US$5 for one solid hour.it's worth the money,you just sit down and relax and get your foot to be massaged.my wife went for the head and shoulder massage it was soothing too.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2006 10:46 AM | Show all posts

safety tips:
kalo hujan or the ground is wet,try not to go up the steep steps.
i saw this tourist he was almost reaching the top,he nearly fall....
kalo dia jatuh...parah abis.

this steps ada iron bar for you to hold as a support.the rest of the temple yang i pergi,i tak nampak the support bar.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2006 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by matz_rockz at 20-9-2006 15:15

thanks blood .....for all the help.

Not a problem at all, bro!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 11:54 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.437182 second(s), 44 queries .