CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3056|Reply: 18

Rights of Man

[Copy link]
Post time 26-7-2009 08:50 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
What does it mean to have a right? Who ordains it that man has  rights and if he does what are they?
Let's discuss.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-7-2009 10:11 PM | Show all posts
How about....to have a right means you have a legitimate claim on something that others should recognise and accept such that others shouldn't interfere with you in your dealings in exercising the right.

The most fundamental of right is the right to life.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2009 02:55 PM | Show all posts
The Rights of Man a is Thomas Paine's  mangum opus written during the war of Independence of of the United State. A complete work also inspire the Frenchmen and women to revolt again the Franch monarch. A lay person who grew up in England and spent most of his productive years in United states.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2009 03:28 PM | Show all posts
Man is a sovereign.  Just like a nation. It must be nourished with some fundamental rights to be relevant.  Firstly man right to life from birth to natural death unless he committed crime against the rights of others.  Secondly the right to freedom to act without external or prior restrain unless those action is deemed harmful to others. Lastly the right to raise a family without restrains. Having said that rights are contingent upon responsibility…no free lunch and man has to pay a price for his own action.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 12:53 AM | Show all posts
2.256. Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

67.10. They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!"

27.13. But when Our Signs came to them, that should have opened their eyes, they said: "This is sorcery manifest!"
14. And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were convinced thereof: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!

2.44. Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (To practise it) yourselves, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?

61.2. O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
3. Grievously odious is it in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 12:54 AM | Show all posts
68.7. Verily it is thy Lord that knoweth best, which (among men) hath strayed from His Path: and He knoweth best those who receive (true) Guidance.

92.12. Verily We take upon Ourselves to guide,

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 30-7-2009 12:54 AM | Show all posts
6.155. And this is a Book which We have revealed as a blessing: so follow it and be righteous, that ye may receive mercy:
156. Lest ye should say: "The Book was sent down to two Peoples before us, and for our part, we remained unacquainted with all that they learned by assiduous study:"
157. Or lest ye should say: "If the Book had only been sent down to us, we should have followed its guidance better than they." Now then hath come unto you a clear (sign) from your Lord,- and a guide and a mercy: then who could do more wrong than one who rejecteth Allah.s signs, and turneth away therefrom? In good time shall We requite those who turn away from Our signs, with a dreadful penalty, for their turning away.

39.55. "And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you - of a sudden while ye perceive not!-
56. "Lest the soul should (then) say: 'Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!'-
57. "Or (lest) it should say: 'If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!'-
58. "Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: 'If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!'
59. "(The reply will be 'Nay, but there came to thee my Signs, and thou didst reject them: thou wast Haughty, and became one of those who reject faith!'"

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 12:55 AM | Show all posts
14.52. Here is a Message for mankind: Let them take warning therefrom, and let them know that He is (no other than) One Allah. let men of understanding take heed.

35.32. Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our Servants as We have chosen: but there are among them some who wrong their own souls; some who follow a middle course; and some who are, by Allah.s leave, foremost in good deeds; that is the highest Grace.

27.92. And to rehearse the Qur'an: and if any accept guidance, they do it for the good of their own souls, and if any stray, say: "I am only a Warner".

41.53. Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2009 12:55 AM | Show all posts
7.201. Those who fear Allah, when a thought of evil from Satan assaults them, bring Allah to remembrance, when lo! they see (aright)!

22.53. That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrong-doers are in a schism far (from the Truth):
54. And that those on whom knowledge has been bestowed may learn that the (Qur'an) is the Truth from thy Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may be made humbly (open) to it: for verily Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Way.

16.98. When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah.s protection from Satan the rejected one.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 12:56 AM | Show all posts
34.46. Say: "I do admonish you on one point: that ye do stand up before Allah,- (It may be) in pairs, or (it may be) singly,- and reflect (within yourselves): your Companion is not possessed: he is no less than a warner to you, in face of a terrible Penalty."

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 12:56 AM | Show all posts
6.122. Can he who was dead, to whom We gave life, and a light whereby he can walk amongst men, be like him who is in the depths of darkness, from which he can never come out? Thus to those without faith their own deeds seem pleasing.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2009 03:04 PM | Show all posts
6.122. Can he who was dead, to whom We gave life, and a light whereby he can walk amongst men, be like him who is in the depths of darkness, from which he can never come out? Thus to those without fai ...
joe1983 Post at 29-7-2009 11:56 PM

One of the right of man is to speak...do give ur honest opinion, while u might want to quote others...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2009 09:58 PM | Show all posts
You, your very self give yourself the rights.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2009 12:25 AM | Show all posts
12# seribulan
Agree.... Please give us honest comment I am yearning for it .....just like a hungry sufi.....

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2009 01:35 PM | Show all posts
One of the right of man is to speak...do give ur honest opinion, while u might want to quote others...
seribulan Post at 1-8-2009 15:04

Agreed !! Rights is permission in terms of ethics and values. One of the right of a man is to speak but in order to have that right, man have also to give right to others to vocal out.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2009 07:46 PM | Show all posts
30.22. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

49.13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

92.4. Verily, (the ends) ye strive for are diverse.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-8-2009 11:23 PM | Show all posts
Thomas Paine sounds very  familiar ...actually .I should google it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-8-2009 12:23 AM | Show all posts
I reckon that rights need to be "given" and they are used as moral codes and basis for judgement. The earliest are perhaps religious customs like the 10 commandments. The first 4 lay His rights in relation with man...He be the only God and so on. The 5th lay the rights of parents to the respect of their children. The 6th, man's right not to be killed by another man for no reason. The 7th, spouse's right not to be cheated. The 8th, man's right to his properties. The 9th, man's right not to be perjuried and the 10th, the women's sanctity....or something like that.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2009 12:56 AM | Show all posts
Man is a sovereign.  Just like a nation. It must be nourished with some fundamental rights to be relevant.  Firstly man right to life from birth to natural death unless he committed crime against the  ...
thamrong Post at 28-7-2009 15:28

rules for gentlemen..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

24-5-2024 09:35 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.354606 second(s), 49 queries .