123Next
Return to list New
View: 6903|Reply: 42

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Adults & Kids

[Copy link]
Post time 24-1-2012 04:02 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by bdk2 at 25-1-2012 13:19

Hi ALL

Sorry for the new thread. Cant really seem to find existing info on KL.
Really appreciate your recommendations.
I will be couple of days in KL late of next month (sebelum berangkat ke rumah MIL kat Sungai Besar). Arriving on Thursday - hopefully to avoid the weekend crowd.

The last time to KL was abt 6 years ago. Pretty sure alot of interesting and happening stuff must have taken place by now.
My kids tanya if there really good and new happening place to play in KL - Kids play (activities or games).

Sunway Lagoon could be one of the venues. (besides than the Waterpark, Theme park - what else can we expect inside the Sunway Lagoon Mall? Ada tak mcm Inhouse games for kids.

Im looking forward to go window shopping.
Last night, I spent about 2hrs browsing thru the web. I have spotted a few.

1. Mid Valley Mall
2. The Curve
3. The Farrenheit
4. Pavillion
5. One Utama

My mode of travel - LRT or maybe taxi lah.

Shopping -  i dont really fancy Bukit Bintang Mall lah. It is so crowded.
Im not into branded stuff but more to buy locally made clothes and buah tangan for my MIL and the extended families.

I will be staying around Pudu area. Im planning my Itinerary for KL trip. Can anyone tell me how far are those shopping centre from each other. And are there good and affordable food in those malls. Also im a FOODIE. i look forward to try local food... but not restaurant food.  Any good place to try local delicacies .. Pasar malam maybe?

Where can i get good and cheap tudung, baju for Muslimah (i dont fancy Masjid India .. so crowded).

Also i will be taking flight to KLIA. Is taking taxi safe for us ..? or take the train is better? (fare rather on high side.. Maybe take coach to KL central.. any advice on this.

Thank you so so so much.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2012 05:36 PM | Show all posts
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park  

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 06:10 PM | Show all posts
suria klcc

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 07:22 PM | Show all posts
Kidzania, The Curve

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 07:23 PM | Show all posts
Kako outdoor, birdpark (nvr been there), zoo negara, KL tower, taman tasik titiwangsa & lake garden. Tp expect kepanasan or hujan sepanjang ptg ye.

Indoor-berjaya times square (i hate this place), aquaria & petrosains.Aquaria &  petrosains a bit pricey but worth it.planetarium pun ok. Or maybe u can try hop on hop off.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 08:18 PM | Show all posts
Hmmm - for kids, I can't really help much. Brought nieces and nephews to Aquaria - but I noticed the kids were bored after about half an hour - campur dgn org ramai lagi. Personally think the pathways kat Aquaria terlalu sempit so susah nak tgk one display to the other...campur kena berebut dgn org lain la.....Langkawi Underwater World is much much better..

Otherwise, KL Bird Park, Butterfly Park seems interesting. Tapi it can be hot since it is outdoors. You can refer to TRIP ADVISOR punya website. Even I pun kengkadang carik info kat sini, even for KL.

SHOPPING
Well - must inform you that Bukit Bintang area is not just Bukit Bintang Mall - Pavillion is near BB area, there is also Star Hill - cannot comment sebab don't really like to go to Bukit Bintang punya area.

However, since you will be relying on LRT, Pavillion, Berjaya Times Sq, Star Hill - senang sikit nak pergi kot. Pavillion and Star Hill mostly house high end brands.

MidValley pun reachable via LRT - the station is about 5 mins walking. Shops here are mid range - MNG, MsRead, Nichii, Jusco, Metro, Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop

I prefer 1Utama mainly I think it is less crowded - if I am not mistaken, KL Sentral has a bus service to 1Utama (to cater to people staying in 1World Hotel just next door)

The Curve is about 10mins away from 1Utama - naik teksi aje la kot....not sure if there are buses to travel to and fro - I usually drive here. The Curve is just next door to Ikano Power Centre (IPC) which is in the same building as IKEA. IPC pun okey jugak sekadar nak jalan2 though for shopping not so much kot.

Tapi if you want 'locally made clothes' and souvenirs - you may try Central Market - bargain hard as they really target tourists. Maybe shopping malls won't be the right places to find what you are looking for.

But you mentioned only staying couple of days....why don't you stay in a hotel which is located in a mall so that you don't have to take time to travel via public transport - it can be time consuming especially getting from Pudu to MidValley or The Curve.

MidValley has two hotels - Cititel and The Boulevard - I personally prefer Boulevard. Then you can just take your time to explore all the nook and crannies of the mall.

The Curve has Royale Bintang located in it - and from here you can easily explore The Curve, IPC, IKEA and then go to 1Utama if you get bored.

1Utama is connected to 1World Hotel - stayed here, nice rooms.

Makan2 - hmmm, always best to have a guide to show you the best food. Kampung Baru apparently has nice local food in abundance. Pasar Malam can be a bit iffy - cheap food that usually compromise in taste and quality.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-1-2012 08:24 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by DocYana at 24-1-2012 20:27

Good cheap affordable tudung and muslimah attire - I think Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman is your best bet. During weekdays it isn't too bad. Go early in the morning, avoid the crowds.

there is SOGO in Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, the food court on the top floor is quite good. Maybe you can try shopping for muslimah attire in Kamdar also in Jalan TAR.

After arriving in KLIA - you can either take the coach to KL Sentral and then get a taxi to where you want to go. Usually after arriving at the back of the KL Sentral, I go to the arrival hall of the KLIA Express, there are taxi booths there where the fare is prepaid, so kurang la sikit potensi kena tipu.

OR, take the KLIA Express, takes 28 mins to get into KL - tapi mahal sikit compared to coach. then again, at KL Sentral, take the taxi to your hotel.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 08:30 PM | Show all posts
One more thing, kalau nak food recommendation, can try Board MAKANAN DAN RESIPI (under HOBI DAN KEHIDUPAN) - if I'm not mistaken, they had a thread on recommended places to eat.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2012 10:13 PM | Show all posts
Lamanye i x gi 1utama.thanks docyana.i sll gi the curve. N sape post psl kidzania tu? Blm siap la sayang

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 10:26 PM | Show all posts
Lamanye i x gi 1utama.thanks docyana.i sll gi the curve. N sape post psl kidzania tu? Blm siap la sa ...
noraidil_06 Post at 24-1-2012 22:13

ai pun cam ter'konpius' jap nengok kidzania suggestion tuh tadi ..
hihi .. seb baik, dah buat pembetulan ..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 01:43 AM | Show all posts
i think tajuk yang TT suggest tu tak brape sesuai.

better letak Shopping Complexes in KL & Theme Parks

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 02:32 AM | Show all posts
Lamanye i x gi 1utama.thanks docyana.i sll gi the curve. N sape post psl kidzania tu? Blm siap la sa ...
noraidil_06 Post at 24-1-2012 22:13

Kidzania akan bukak bulan depan nie...Tula recommend.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 08:29 AM | Show all posts
Reply 12# owen81

ooo.ok. . Buka 28/2/2012 kn?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2012 10:35 AM | Show all posts
Selamat pagi semua.

Thank you so much for all the contributions. Terima Kasih x 100 kali. Anyway, i will be staying at Iris Garden Hotel @ Bukit Bintang. Hotel budget jer... Nanti kat Kampong Sungei Besar dah nak kena spend untuk MIL and sanak saudara kat sana Tak per lah berkorban.

Area kat hotel tu dekat dgn all the amenities esp. food and malls dan paling impt dekat LRT.  Is the hotel ok tak? Hopefully tak sunyi sangat kan. I ni penakut sikit. Concern pasal this trip kena bawak 'excess baggage' aka my 2 kids. Bole tak you all update pasal Sun Way Lagoon Mall - yg kat Sunway Lagoon Waterpark tu. You think worth it tak pergi sana just for window shopping/ kids activities. What is good there? I heard the price mahal jugak kan...... Also i wont be bring banyak baju for my kids, any affordable for kids clothing aged 7 (boy) and 11(girl)... my kids ni cerewet sikit..  

Hopefully ada Post Chinese New Year Sale ....   

Haiiizzzz budget budget..

Again, Thank you semua.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 10:38 AM | Show all posts
meme pon...........

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 10:42 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by hairul123 at 25-1-2012 10:46

1) Sunway Lagoon- Lebih utk Mandi Manda, walaupun ada theme park, Wild Life Park (mini Zoo) ,tp cam x bape best kalau half day. Kalau windows shopping pun boleh , cuma makan agak mahal di dalam Sunway pyramid. Tp agak jauh dari KL/Pudu tu.

2) Berjaya Times Square - Mmg Ada Theme park dalam bangunan tu. Public Transport pun senang. Dekat dgn Pudu.

Kalau Teksi dari KLIA, takde kena tipu sebab beli kupon di kaunter. Kalau Bas RM 9/10 sampai KL Sentral. Kalau KLIA Express, bleh try amik Family Tiket ke KL Sentral (RM 75 - 2A 2C kalau tak silap).

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-1-2012 10:43 AM | Show all posts
Sunway sy x tau.tp sy suke shopping di pavi bile ade sale, opkos.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 12:40 PM | Show all posts
Reply 1# sayangsarina00

aku duk KL ni x penah appreciate what we have here
sume aku dah jejak sampai kalo nak dating xtau mana dah nak g.
bagi aku kalo nak soping plg best kat area BB
senang nak g sungei wang, times square,pavillion,lowyat,isetan,Farrenheit etc.sumenye in walking distance between each other.
transpot pon senang..ade monorail
kalo the curve/ikea tu best kalo nak chill and makan2 ,cuci mata bagai..nak soping situ x best.
kalo one utama/mid valley agak best because mcm2 ade under one roof but crowded gak cik oi..
kalo nak bargain visit lah area Jalan TAR or Jalan Petaling(chinatown).
kalo eateries, visit lah the famous area of Kampung Baru..banyak choices makan2 kat situ.

aku suggest ko attack kl ni by cluster di bawah.
1- KLCC-KG BARU-JALAN TAR-SOGO-PETALING STREET(connected within lrt stations)
2- TIMES SQUARE-LOWYAT-PAVILLON-SUNGEI WANG-FAHRENHEIT 88(connected all in walking distances)
3-ONE UTAMA -IKANO -THE CURVE(nak jejak between these two places bulih jalan kaki tp kalo anak ramai,x sesuai lah nak jalan psl kena lintas jalan and agak jauh gak dlm 400m)
4- SUNWAY PYRAMID-SUNWAY LAGOON(jiran2 je dua2 ni)
5-Genting Highland!Just minutes away from kl.
6- MID VALLEY xyah g pon xpe.

Kalo kat KLIA selain ade rail and taxi, you can try bus yg turun kat KL sentral. From KL Sentral leh la g hotel naik taxi or whatnot..Itu kalo nak bajet kot. Kalo nak senang elok naik taxi dr KLIA ke hotel trus.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Agree dgn what most forumers here are saying.

Esp like Vendetta punya itinerary.

Kengkadang bila kita nie org KL, kita macam tak kisah sgt benda2 yg pelancong mungkin suka sebab kita tak buat benda2 macam tu.....so bila ada org tanya, susah jugak nak jawab....haha...

Kalau you ada time constraints, buat la macam yg disuggestkan oleh Vendetta - attack in clusters.

TAPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - kalau you dah bawak anak2 pergi main kat Theme Park, I rasa tak sempat kot kalau you nak g shopping pulak....especailly kalau you stay in KL setkt 2 hari je....

Kalau you tak bawak banyak baju utk anak2 - and you kata you travelling with a budget - I nak cadangkan beli je baju kat kedai Pakaian Hari Hari or Bintang or The Store and paling sempoi, baju kat Giant and CarreFour je.

Murah pun murah and kalau koyak ke kotor ke tak la nangis sangat. Kalau expect nak shopping baju kanak2 kat Kiki Lala, Mickey Mouse - hmmmmm, kalau kaya boleh la kot.....

Sunway Pyramid - just next door to Sunway Lagoon. Shops - mid range - kedai makan varies in taste, price and quality. The usual fast food - Wendy, KFC, McD - then the restaurants like Ayam Penyet Ria, Tony Romas, Bubba Gump etc.

You didn't actually mention what your budget is - entry to Sunway Lagoon is, if I'm not mistaken about rm50 just for the water park, and rm100+/- for the whole park. You can always go to the website to check this. Biasanya the whole day will be spent here. Bila masa la pulak maknya nak menshoppingggg.....

Actually, you nie dtg dari mana....?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2012 03:11 PM | Show all posts
Agree dgn what most forumers here are saying.

Esp like Vendetta punya itinerary.

Kengkadang b ...
DocYana Post at 25-1-2012 14:11

Sunway Lagoon

3 Parks

Water Park, Amusement Park & Wildlife Park - Rm 60 Adult , RM 48 Child.
All Park RM 75 Adult , Rm 60 Child

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

3-5-2024 03:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071286 second(s), 44 queries .