Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: lisza

ALL ABOUT NEPAL...KATHMANDU + POKHARA & OTHER REGIONS

[Copy link]
Post time 16-10-2013 04:00 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 16-10-2013 07:11 AM
Salam Lela,

Thanks so much for your kind reply and tagging others. I still havent got a chance ...

Wasalam Truly,
I had my visa done through the travel agent where I was residing and I wasnt sure whether the same procedure could be done the same way in Malaysia. My guess is you could but I wasnt sure.

I observed that upon arrival at Tribhuvan one could apply for the entry visa  (VOA) at the arrival hall but the queue was long eventho the processing was pretty quick and I noticed that there were quite a number of people opting for this method.

I would advise you to obtain the visa before leaving to avoid any unnecessary delay. The immigration there is somewhat lax but at the same time you do get officers who are a little too 'hesitant' with their stamping.

And do read this thread. The infos are sparse it being the less popular destination for many but it's good and very useful at least for me.

Enjoy your trip in december and on that note welcome to the thread.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-10-2013 01:28 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 16-10-2013 03:11 PM
Salam Lela,

Thanks so much for your kind reply and tagging others. I still havent got a chance ...

@LelaRentaka7
@melur_30

haha..tagging tagging...macam fesbuk plak.

anyway truly.. i can confirm few things about visa.. kalau dari malaysia neh.. memang ada VOA..and last i checked the price is usd25 for the 15 days, x silap i. this has been confirmed by my friend that went there last november and she did the VOA.

if not mistaken, if you got time, bole apply in advance kat nepal embassy di KL neh..which i pun tak tau kat mana. hehe. but then based on what i read, pegi isi borang and apply etc. then collect on the next day. i'm not sure whether u need to do appointment or not..sbb i decided to do the VOA sebab i can't afford to spend 2-days pegi buat visa neh kat embassy. nanti boss carik i ilanggg manjang neh..hehe..suspicious plak dia.

btw.. my travel agent kat kathmandu also confirmed me about the VOA and he asked me to prepare the passport foto upfront ( 3 pieces - 1 for visa, 2 for trekking) if not mistaken...and he also email me upfront the form so that i can fill in first.

hopefully ini membantu.

anyway...i'm counting days..huhu..lagi doblas hari..and this week disebabkan raye..dh burn my 'training' hehe. hopefully next week sempat catch up lagi and do last hike before the trip.

okeh..selamat hari raya aidil adha semua...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2013 01:22 PM | Show all posts
About-Jane posted on 17-10-2013 05:28 AM
@LelaRentaka7
@melur_30

Assalam AJ
are you ready to embrace the mighty himal?
will pray and du'aa that everything will be fine....

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2013 01:27 PM | Show all posts
About-Jane posted on 17-10-2013 01:28 PM
@LelaRentaka7
@melur_30

Yes, you can get VOA at Kathmandu airport, the only issue is if there's a big queue at the visa counter -- in which case be ready to wait for a long time. The process is quite slow and bureaucratic. If you have time, try to get the visa here in KL, then at KTM airport, you just straight away join the immigration queue.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 10:55 AM | Show all posts
LelaRentaka7 posted on 20-10-2013 01:22 PM
Assalam AJ
are you ready to embrace the mighty himal?
will pray and du'aa that everything wil ...

TQ lela.

InsyaAllah. final prep/training this week. then equipment checklist etc. hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 11:44 AM | Show all posts
About-Jane posted on 21-10-2013 02:55 AM
TQ lela.

InsyaAllah. final prep/training this week. then equipment checklist etc. hehe

Assalam AJ
Hari ape nak fly?
Anyway I know it's gonna be a piece of cake for you!

If at all you feel down just remember that if fatter and older people can make it so can you insyaallah!

jgn lupa ubat leech (pacat or lintah iols tak sure ) kalau hujan ye sbb tak syiok la dia dok bergayut kat merata tempat nanti HAHAHA

are you still sticking to this?

Day 1 - Meet at Kathmandu Airport, program briefing, gear check etc.
Nnt shopping la sikit2 kat Kathmandu sbb barang2 dia lebih murah dr Pokhara dan more choice. By that I dont mean hiking and trekking gear only...other things pun ade so if you wanna buy yourself something from Nepal I suggest jah beli kat Kathmandu k..

Day 2 - Morning flight to Pokhara. Afternoon tour and boating at Phewa lake (bajet romantik pulak!)
You untung dpt naik flight pagi sbb masa pagi takdok awan sangat...semua clear..the minute you're up dah boleh jamu mata dah..seating on the right tu 1st come 1st serve so kalau your agent pegang ticket bg tau lah kat dia awal2 nak ddk kat belah kanan and tingkap. Sebenarnya seat kanan ni is a no grabber sbb tak ramai yg bother cos they thought mountains tu both sides of the windows boleh nampak. Tidak sebenarnya...so try to get your seats as what we discussed before eh...

And about Pokhara...if you take the morning flight bajet sampai hotel ans setel everything by 10:00 kot kan?
so ambil lah peluang ni to go around Pokhara...just go to the must see and by 5pm go to the lake and watch the sunset...kena pegi awal sket AJ sbb nak kena cari 'that special spot' tu senang tp takut tercari2 and rushing sana sini pulak...but take a boat ride and bila sa
mpai tgh2 lake tu nnt tgk ape you akan buat ehehehehe...tell us what you see k...different lens capture different angle...well maybe hehehe

Day 3 - Pokhara trekking from Nayapul to Tikhedhunga (1540m) with walking distance of 9.6km
HEHEHE AJ...now I is very the sebak tgk your iti ni cos in Nayapul hati dah gedebuk gedebak dah tgk macchapuchhre...
Hike ni I rasa you can finish it by lunch time kalau you start right after breakfast

Day 4 - Tikhedhunga trekking to Ghorepani (2775m) with walking distance of 9.4km

This trek I feel the same...you'd be able to finish this by lunchtime or maybe after noon time ehehehe

Day 5 - Ghorepani-Poonhill sunrise trekking (3210m), and trek down to Tadapani (2560m)
OK AJ pagi ni nak hike to Poonhill first thing kan? So nnt bila bangun pukol 4 pagi sila lah look up in the sky and armed with your dslr dan segala pekakas yg ade utk tembak the best shot ever hehehe...sbb bila sampai Poon HIll ade laser show dan hari semakin terang...you'll see what I mean..awesome!

Day 6 - Tadapani - Ghandruk trekking, then 4WD to nayapul and drive to Pokhara
Up up and away with a walking stick.. that would make it a little easier....masa ni jangan give up dengan camera k..snap snap snap saje
And kat sini you are trekking Tadapani-Gandruk-Nayapul kan? Dari Nayapul your transport will take you to Pokhara right? Saje tanya sbb takut I silap baca...

Day 7 - Morning flight Pokhara to Kathmandu, half day tour, farewell dinner
Again I hope you will be on the morning flight cos apart from the view I think you'd like to visit Durbar Square cos it's the best Durbar Sq in Kathmandu IMHO. Yg di Patan Bhaktapur semua tu pun cantik tapi di Kathmandu is sangat cantik especially melalui lensa

Day 8 - Leaving Kathmandu...sob sob sob..
Ye....kite sama2 nangis k sbb mmg AJ akan ber-sob-sob-ban nanti ekekekeke

Last but never ever the least AJ...have a blast while it last...happy dhal bhaating....it is the booster for your energy and stamina...jangan tolak tepi!!!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-10-2013 12:07 PM | Show all posts
LelaRentaka7 posted on 21-10-2013 11:44 AM
Assalam AJ
Hari ape nak fly?
Anyway I know it's gonna be a piece of cake for you!

hehe.. @LelaRentaka7  iye...memang itinerary nilah yg akan digunakan.... hopefully everything go well. amiiinn....

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 12:13 PM | Show all posts
About-Jane posted on 21-10-2013 04:07 AM
hehe.. @LelaRentaka7  iye...memang itinerary nilah yg akan digunakan.... hopefully everything go ...

Yes AJ..amin...

nervous kahhhh...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-10-2013 12:54 PM | Show all posts
matsputnik posted on 20-10-2013 01:27 PM
Yes, you can get VOA at Kathmandu airport, the only issue is if there's a big queue at the visa co ...

Salam @LelaRentaka @About-Jane  and matsputnik,

I masih sibuk sangat jadi tak sempat nak sembang and reply individually. Thanks for  the feedback. Sangat membantu. Thanks Lela for the warm welcome to the thread.

I pun sama macam Jane, tak ada masa nak spend 2 days kat Nepalese Embassy tapi dah tanya travel agents, they will only help me arranging visa kalau beli tiket kat dorang but I have bought my tickets.

Jane since you nak buat VOA, please let me know nanti how it went. Mudah ke susah ke dan apa cadangan you, patut buat sini atau VOA. Serba salah pulak if the Q is too long.

I will go with my 3 siblings.

Hari tu cuti ke perhentian, sembang sembang dengan waiter ni, he is from Nepal. Dia cerita tenang Kathmandu, all the valleys and mountains and sunsets. I ni suka nature jadi balik jer, book tiket untuk ke sana. I'm planning to do light hiking and celebrate the new year there (hopefully party, tengok hotel ada rooftop).

Have a safe trip Jane and do update okay. Really would like to know.

Thanks everyone.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 01:14 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 21-10-2013 12:54 PM

I masih sibuk sangat jadi tak sempat nak semban ...

All the best. The VOA queue at KTM is quite unpredictable -- kami kena tunggu dekat 2 jam late last year, ada member tu pergi awal tahun ni short queue, 3 weeks ago a friend had to wait for close to 3 hours. So kalau tak mau stress dan ada masa, buat sini.

What to expect in Katmandu and Pokhara? I put together these slideshows (watch in HD). Hope they are useful.

===

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 01:35 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 21-10-2013 04:54 AM

Wasalam Truly,
OK...I got some infos for your VOA

1 You need a PASSPORT SIZE photo with WHITE BACKGROUND for VOA
2.You must pay by FOREIGN CURRENCY and not Nepali Rupees and currently it's USD25 per entry visa.

The queue is bearable Truly tho long...nak lepas immigration pun belum tentu cepat.
This is just bureaucracy you cant avoid. To save time make sure you isi the embarkation card siap2.
There is no reason why they wouldn't grant you entry if you abide by the regulations. They arrival hall is not very impressive and that always lead peaople to believe that the security is lax but it's not. The immigration and army doesnt really like people to snap pictures especially before you pass immigration counters but that's always the case everywhere else I guess.

The airport was undergoing some renovation a few weeks ago so maybe some mayhem upon arrival..nothing major but you get things like being asked a lot of question but terlupa nak sign the embarkation card pun lepas jugak... (that was me!)

They may not seem to be what you expect but just go with the flow and everything should be fine. This link might be useful.

VOA NEPAL

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2013 01:48 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 21-10-2013 04:54 AM

the white background and payment by foreign currency preferably USD is confirmed

and if you wanna party please hang out at busy bee...ehehehehe

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2013 05:12 PM | Show all posts
Salam semua kawan2,

Nak tanya satu soalan buat masa nie

Currency yg biasa di gunakan kat sana......if melalui buku mengata kan USD but if kita guna currency depa ok tak?

Thanking all in advance.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2013 05:24 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 21-10-2013 12:54 PM

Hi truly,

Bila nak berangkat nie?  Sbb I sendiri tot of nak flying from 21 December - 4 Jan 2013.  Looking at the itinerary actually byk tempat nak melawat kat sana cuma time mmg tak cukup.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2013 01:48 AM | Show all posts
Suhazlina posted on 22-10-2013 09:12 AM
Salam semua kawan2,

Nak tanya satu soalan buat masa nie

Currency yg biasa di gunakan kat sana......if melalui buku mengata kan USD but if kita guna currency depa ok tak?

wasalam....dorang quote in NR...they prefer to use NR tho they widely accept USD...duit Malaysia pun some shops terima

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2013 10:00 AM | Show all posts
matsputnik posted on 21-10-2013 01:14 PM
All the best. The VOA queue at KTM is quite unpredictable -- kami kena tunggu dekat 2 jam late las ...

Hi Matsputnik,

Thank you SO MUCH for the videos!! They are amazing. Such exotic place, rustic, full of culture and just out of  this world! Now I cant wait to visit

Just I realized one thing. I havent had the chance to research. I bought tickets and booked a hotel in Kathmandu. I totally forgot about Pokhara. Now I need to re plan. Cancell some booking in Kathmandu's hotel and book in Pokhara. I thought I'd do my research before leaving seeing that my time is limited now but watching you videos makes me realize I overlooked Pokhara.

Okay so heres a question: How many days do you reckon good for Pokhara (my hols all in all 9 days). Also should I take a flight or land? I saw you took a flight but if crossing mountains and small plane I'm a bit uncomfortable. Your thoughts/experience?

Thanks and have a good weekend ahead

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-10-2013 10:04 AM | Show all posts
LelaRentaka7 posted on 21-10-2013 01:48 PM
the white background and payment by foreign currency preferably USD is confirmed

Dear Lela,

Thank you for helping me a lot with the visa issue. It is decided then, VOA Cross my fingers things will turn out good. I mean document-wise, it is an option.

I will make sure to get the photos as required. USD is not an issue, I still have loads leftover from my US trip. Now I need to find out about the forms, if I could get beforehand and fill it up so the process will be faster.

About busybee, amboi nakal Lela ni hehehe jom pi sekali?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2013 10:06 AM | Show all posts
Suhazlina posted on 22-10-2013 05:24 PM
Hi truly,

Bila nak berangkat nie?  Sbb I sendiri tot of nak flying from 21 December - 4 Jan 201 ...

Hi Suhazlina,

Lebih kurang sama time dengan you hehehe perhaps we might see each other there

Banyak tempat ke nak melawat? Hmm...I belum sempat buat proper research, itinerary belum ada. Ingat nak tiru yang dalam thread ni, belum baca tapi akan soon bila free.

Tengok video posted here by saudara matsputnik, tak sabar rasanya. Makanan pun orang cakap sangat sedap!

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2013 12:18 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 25-10-2013 02:04 AM
Dear Lela,

Thank you for helping me a lot with the visa issue. It is decided then, VOA  Cross ...

Hey Truly,
welcome back!
you must've been busy..

i didnt realised that you were only planning to stay in kathmandu for i thought that you were planning to do some hiking and trekking...

may i suggest you split your days between kathmandu and pokhara? cos Pokhara is the 2nd largest city and it's totally different from kathmandu...since you have quite a few days in your hands just see whether you'd like to go to nagarkot for the sunset and sunrise over everest on top of a hill...views are stunning....

and the durbar squares in patan bhaktapur to name a few...just me two pence worth

ehehehe what's so naughty 'bout that.....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2013 06:29 PM | Show all posts
truly posted on 25-10-2013 10:00 AM
Hi Matsputnik,

Thank you SO MUCH for the videos!! They are amazing. Such exotic place, rustic,  ...

People normally go to Pokhara to do mountain trekking, so bilangan hari bergantung kepada trek yg dia org nak buat. Kalau setakat nak sightsee sekitar Pokhara 3D/2N cukup. Kathmandu-Pokhara, flight is still best, because by road, it's bad, dangerous and dependent on weather, takes too much time. Kadang2 ada landslide. Take morning flights because early morning weather more stable. Flight pun bergantung kepada cuaca, jadi jgn buat connection di Kathmandu nak balik KUL -- takut miss.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
[Edisi tahniah] Selamat Pengantin baru Afifah Nasir!
doubleA[Edisi tahniah] Selamat Pengantin baru A
Views : 27720 Replies : 214
Akibat Boros Duit KWSP RM700,000 ‘Licin’ Dalam Masa Tiga Tahun, terpaksa bekerja semula di umur 70 tahun kerana terdapat komitmen besar seperti kad kredit dan pinjaman rumah
YgBenarAkibat Boros Duit KWSP RM700,000 ‘Licin
Views : 19943 Replies : 218
Eizlan Yusuf selamat bernikah
BoomibulatEizlan Yusuf selamat bernikah
Views : 22493 Replies : 135
Suami kecewa isteri yang dinikahi selama ini rupanya lelaki
mojarean_XSuami kecewa isteri yang dinikahi selama
Views : 7450 Replies : 43
PMX kata penjawat awam yang lembab dan bermasalah tidak naik gaji secara automatik.
YgBenarPMX kata penjawat awam yang lembab dan b
Views : 19834 Replies : 24
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 25627 Replies : 175
tajuk apa yg sesuai
Mrperfect2tajuk apa yg sesuai
Views : 7074 Replies : 32
Isteri curang?
Lavender85Isteri curang?
Views : 9501 Replies : 31
comel
rospinkicomel
Views : 7133 Replies : 46

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 03:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.491802 second(s), 45 queries .