CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 2704|Reply: 25

[Tempatan] Footage of PAS man allegedly mocking Hindus surfaces; MIC demands stern action

[Copy link]
Post time 30-7-2014 10:47 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Footage of PAS man allegedly mocking Hindus surfaces; MIC demands stern action

BY NICHOLAS CHENG

KUALA LUMPUR:  A five-year-old video of a PAS member allegedly mocking Hindus has surfaced and is causing an uproar, with MIC and a Muslim NGO calling for the man to be prosecuted and charged during a protest at the Elephant Fountain in Brickfield's Little India, Wednesday.

The footage of Sahul Hamid Seeni Muhammad speaking during a closed-door event was uploaded in May, but the video has since gone viral on social media.
In the video, he questioned why Muslims were buying curry powder from non-Muslim manufacturers like Baba's and Alagappas, rather than Adabi.
He also made fun of a dishti bomma, a squarish metal plate with the face of a fearsome demon on it placed at the entrance of a curry powder factory in Permatang Pauh, claiming that powder from the factory is "licked by the demon".

According to The Hindu newspaper, the dishti bomma is traditionally placed at business premises and is believed to ward off the "evil eye", which Hindus believe bring unpleasant events.
In another clip, he was also seen making jokes about the snake temple in Penang and apparent "sexy" Hindu idols.
The protest, led by MIC vice-president Datuk M. Saravanan, called on the police to investigate Sahul Hamid for uttering seditious statements.
"Let's not see this as a racial issue. These statements are the opinions of a rude individual. I hope that the Home Ministry and the Government will take action," he said, threatening to stage an even bigger demonstration in front of Sahul Hamid's house if he went unpunished.
Also present was Jihad for Justice chairman Datuk Thasleem Mohamed Ibrahim, who said he was ashamed of the way a fellow Muslim has acted, and blamed a docile judiciary for allowing radicals to freely spout bile.
"Zul Nordin had similarly insulted Hindu Gods some time ago and was investigated by the police. The authorities presented his case to the Attorney-General with a recommendation to charge him but he was never prosecuted.
"If they had prosecuted Zul, there wouldn't be people like this," he said.
The group of 80 people later dispersed at around 2.30pm and lodged a report against Sahul Hamid at the Travers police station.
Former Penang PAS commissioner Datuk Mohd Salleh Man confirmed that Sahul Hamid was a PAS member and that the controversial video was taken five years ago.
"I just spoke with Sahul and he told me it was said at a closed-door event nearly five years ago, which has only surfaced now. It is up to the current state committee to decide if any action should be taken," he said.
Following the uproar, Sahul Hamid uploaded a video apology.
"The ceramah was made at a closed-door event attended by other Muslims. The individual who recorded and uploaded it did it without my knowledge or consent, with possible malicious intentions," he said in the video.
"What I said was based on trusted knowledge that may have offended some and I apologise. I hope this issue is not dragged out and is halted immediately. Insha'Allah I hope this incident does not occur again," he said.
Meanwhile, Bukit Aman said Sahul Hamid could face up to five years in prison if he is found guilty under Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act and called for moderate views from both sides.
"PDRM would like to advise the public to be careful and practice humility in presenting information during scholarly events, which should be a medium for progress and not manipulation with the intention of disturbing racial harmony.
"The public should also be smarter in analysing the information they receive and share on social media.
"We also urge the public not to hold demonstrations on this matter. However, we urge those who are not satisfied to lodge police reports," said Bukit Aman spokesman ACP Datin Asmawati Ahmad.

Read here: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/N ... z-insult-hindu-vid/

Last edited by GhostWalking on 31-7-2014 01:22 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2014 10:50 PM | Show all posts
Dia ni peserta imam muda ke apa kat astro kan?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2014 10:51 PM | Show all posts
cicicumel posted on 30-7-2014 02:50 PM

Muka macam sama kan

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 10:51 PM | Show all posts
whassap group pun ada persatuan?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 10:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
cicicumel posted on 30-7-2014 10:50 PM

Pencetus Ummah. Muka dah sama. Mungkin dia la kot...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 11:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nama pun hampir sama.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 30-7-2014 11:03 PM | Show all posts
emmaisa posted on 30-7-2014 10:55 PM
Pencetus Ummah. Muka dah sama. Mungkin dia la kot...

betul la tu..x silap i dia dpt top 3 jugak kan dlm rancangan tue..
tp i takut tgk muka dia..macam seramm gittooo

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 11:09 PM | Show all posts
Die ni yg byk bini tukan pencutus umah

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2014 11:10 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
cicicumel posted on 30-7-2014 11:03 PM
betul la tu..x silap i dia dpt top 3 jugak kan dlm rancangan tue..
tp i takut tgk muka dia..macam ...

A'ah...top 3 dapat rm30k. Yg plg ku ingat masa dia dpt hadiah tu ku fikir bini2 dia dpt rm10k sorang la gamaknya...sbb ada isteri 3.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2014 11:11 PM | Show all posts
Nama Penuh: SHAHRUL HAMID BIN M.P.H. SEENI MD

Umur : 38 tahun - Teluk Kumbar, Penang

Pendidikan : Master Hadith(Al Quran danSunnah) UKM

Profile : Mempunyai Maahad Tahfiz, Kedai Runcit

Pernah terlibat dalam kemalangan ngeri pada tahun 2009

Perwatakan : rapat dengan orang sekeliling

- See more at: http://selongkar10.blogspot.com/ ... thash.b3O0MLru.dpuf

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 11:23 PM | Show all posts
kuil2 hindu haram kat malaysia patut di robohkan semua....
bawah ameno, kuil2 hindu ni berleluasa.....
cilaka punya ameno!!

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 11:49 PM | Show all posts
Memang biasa pun penceramah agama menghina agama lain dlm kuliah tertutup...Gelaran 'boddow' pun aku pernah dengar sambil disambut dengan gelak tawa peserta

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2014 11:58 PM | Show all posts
Klu ahli umno/bn buat hal ditulis dlm paper sbg ahli sebuah parti politik

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2014 12:14 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ultra78 posted on 30-7-2014 11:49 PM
Memang biasa pun penceramah agama menghina agama lain dlm kuliah tertutup...Gelaran 'boddow' pun aku ...

gereja pun sama. preacher menghina agama lain, peserta nya gelak ketawa. benda macam ni selalu masuk berita jadi isu tapi tak ubah2

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2014 12:34 AM | Show all posts
Hormatilah sesama sendiri.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2014 12:43 AM | Show all posts
freebird posted on 30-7-2014 11:23 PM
kuil2 hindu haram kat malaysia patut di robohkan semua....
bawah ameno, kuil2 hindu ni berleluasa.. ...

mmg patut dirobohkan kuil kuil tu semua...
Agama Islam ngajar kita semua .....
Jhanamkan agama bangsa lain...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-7-2014 12:46 AM | Show all posts
Pendidikan : Master Hadith(Al Quran danSunnah) UKM

Tingginya taraf pendidikan...
Master sangatlaa tu menghina bangsa lain.....
Islam ngajor cenggini ker?

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2014 08:31 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
X kenal....

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2014 09:06 AM | Show all posts
sama jer semua.....selagi golongan ekstremis ni ada....kristian kata agama dia hebat....islam pun kata jugak islam ni terbaik.....hindu plak kata agama dia org suci bersih murni.....buddha plak kata agama dia org tiad tolak banding....kenapa tak dibiar jer dgn agama masing2......asyik bercerita pasal perbezaan sampai bila2 tak kan habis......baik cari titik persamaan baru leh hidup dgn aman sampai kiamat.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-7-2014 09:14 PM | Show all posts
Oleh Nur Izzati Mohamad

Butterworth: Naib Juara Program Pencetus Ummah Shahul Hamid MPH Seeni MD ditahan di rumahnya di Kampung Matahari Naik, Teluk Kumbar 8.30 pagi tadi bagi membantu siasatan berhubung kenyataan menghina kaum India.

Namun Shahul, 39, dibawa ke Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah Seberang Perai Tengah (IPDSPT) dibebaskan semula kira-kira 4 jam kemudian dipercayai selepas keterangan selesai diambil dan pihak polis berpuas hati dengan kerjasama diberikan.

Ketua Polis negeri Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi, ketika dihubungi mengesahkan penahanan Shahul.

Shahul juga dibebaskan dengan jaminan polis sehingga 14 Ogos ini.

Sementara itu sejurus dibebaskan Shahul tampil pada sidang media di Masjid Seberang Perai Tengah, Bandar Perda, jam 1 petang tadi bagi membuat kenyataan maaf atas kesilapannya itu.
Siasatan kes dilakukan mengikut Sksyen 4 (1) Akta Hasutan 1948 dan Seksyen 233 (1) Akta Komunikasi dan Multimedia hasil laporan polis dibuat terhadapnya.

Read here:http://www.hmetro.com.my/article ... id/Article?mutakhir Last edited by GhostWalking on 31-7-2014 01:52 PM

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 10:00 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072704 second(s), 49 queries .