CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2219|Reply: 12

[Tempatan] Surat terbuka buat Azmin Ali..

[Copy link]
Post time 1-10-2014 02:02 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Open letter to MB of Selangor YB Azmin Ali on DASH – Michelle Wong
Published: 30 September 2014 | Updated: 1 October 2014 4:01 AM

Dear YB Azmin Ali,
Firstly, congratulations are in order on becoming our new Selangor Menteri Besar and putting together the new Selangor Exco team. It was wonderful that I read that you have decided to be people-centric and will put people’s interests above all else. You give us hope when you expressed your position to review the water deal and the controversial Kidex highway upon your appointment.

However, it is with disappointment that I realised that you have failed to mention a review also on the Damansara Shah Alam Elevated Highway (DASH), another toll edelevated highway given conditional approval without any independent Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) and Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) study.
DASH has been strongly opposed by the residents of the affected neighbourhoods in Mutiara Damansara, Damansara Perdana, Desa Temuan and Kota Damansara since year 2012 when residents first found out about this proposed highway.
Our ADUN, YB Elizabeth Wong and MP Sivarasa Rasiah have stated their objections to this highway running through our neighbourhoods in 2012 and have reaffirmed their opposition in a recent meeting on 10th September 2014. They have told us that they have not seen any studies done for DASH nor signed any documents in relation to DASH,which makes us even more apprehensive of the Selangor Government’s decision to give conditional approval to the project.
DASH is a 20.1km, 6 lane-highway that would run right into the densely populated and developed residential neighbourhoods of Kota Damansara, Mutiara Damansara andDamansara Perdana.
Prolintas has in the past listed several benefits of DASH. I would like to go through two points in particular:
– “As an alternative to Persiaran Surian which has capped its capacity.”
– “Rapid development along the Shah Alam and Jalan Batu Arang corridors require additional road capacity.”
If Persiaran Surian is capped at its capacity with traffic from Petaling Jaya, then there should be a solution to reduce the number of cars on the road, which is what the current MRT construction is about.
DASH, which links Shah Alam to LDP, will add to the congestion. Since Persiaran Surian also links to LDP, more cars means more backlogged traffic going into Persiaran Surian.
Prolintas’ claims, as it stands, are unsubstantiated and could very well make the traffic worse for PJ residents.
Even the Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusof said in a public statement on November 30,2013 that he cannot guarantee that DASH would be "be a total solution as there will still be bottlenecks along certain stretches. The first toll plaza, especially, will have a bottleneck. The second bottleneck will be entry into the city and out during peak hours.”
Aside from the potential traffic problems Shah Alam traffic will bring to PJ, the 6-lane elevated highway will generate noise and dust pollution that will affect the health of residents living along the highway corridor and possibly diminish the value of properties there.
For many of us, the houses and apartment units that we have in Mutiara Damansara, Damansara Perdana, Desa Temuan and Kota Damansara are the only ones we can afford.
Suffice to say, DASH does not bring any benefits to the residents in Damansara Perdana, Mutiara Damansara and Kota Damansara.
We hope you will not be supporting thisproposed RM4.18 billion highway that is detrimental to a large segment of residents in Petaling Jaya.
The only benefit I see from this highway is to property developers in Shah Alam trying to cash in on the more popular and profitable commercial sites in PJ to increase the value of their properties and sales, and many housing projects there have started advertising this highway as a sure thing.
Having all these elevated highways like DASH will massacre PJ. We will be paying the price of this over-development of highways in more ways than one. By then, it might be too late.
I am not a lawmaker. I am not a politician or anybody with a title. I am just a Selangorian, a PJ resident, a middle-class professional and a mother. And yes, I live in one of the affected neighbourhoods.
I care for the city I live in and I worry forthe future it is going into.
I urge that you, YB Azmin and the whole Selangor Exco and government to not trade our environment and our safety for this elevated highway. If a highway cannot benefit all affected by it, then do not build it.
I am expressing my hope in you that you will review this highway as part of your review of the deals you have inherited in your appointment.
Do not bring DASH into our neighbourhoods. We do not want DASH at our doorsteps. Dash the DASH Highway before it dashes our homes, safety and environment. Fulfill the PR manifesto to abolish tolled highways and improve public transportation.
We are not against development, but development should never be done for the benefit of one group while at the expense of another.
Also, where is the governance and transparency of these approvals? We did not elect a government to appear to look different but is the same. We elected a government who will dare bring and make changes. Be this government.
We place our hopes in you. I personally invite you, YB Azmin, to come and visit us residents in Damansara Perdana and see for yourself if this alignment makes any sense to you and if any of you supporting the highway could picture yourself living with an elevated highway just metres from your doorway. – September 30, 2014.
* Michelle Wong is a resident of Damansara Perdana.
* This is the personal opinion of the writer or publication and does not necessarily represent the views of The Malaysian Insider.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.c ... thash.auaF4CiN.dpuf

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-10-2014 02:08 PM | Show all posts
MBPJ repeals local plan amendments pending review of Dash highway, others
By Shazwan Mustafa Kamal
September 30, 2014
Business and residential areas in Damansara Perdana and Mutiara Homes will be badly affected by the construction of the DASH highway. — Picture by Zuraneeza ZulkifliPETALING JAYA, Sept 30 ― The Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) moved today to repeal amendments to the city’s plans following public concerns over a number of issues, including the construction of a new elevated highway.
MBPJ councillors said that some proposed amendments to the Petaling Jaya 1 and 2 Local Plan (RTPJ1 and RTPJ2), which were approved by the city council board, need further scrutiny and feedback before they are approved.
Some of the amendments to be reviewed include the inclusion of the controversial 20.1km dual carriage Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Highway (Dash), as well as plans to convert several roads in the populous SS2 area into commercial lots.
“We are retracting plans for the current amendment pending a full review by a special committee.
“We found that these amendments need to be repealed, studied following feedback from residents,” MBPJ councillor Lee Suet Sen told reporters at a news conference here.

He said 13 councillors had agreed to this while four other councillors disagreed, along with PJ mayor Datin Paduka Alinah Ahmad.
Alinah, Lee added, will meet with Selangor mentri besar Azmin Ali on the matter soon.
“This is a culmination of efforts to put forth a good local plan for PJ residents...Some details did not receive approval from the council,” another councillor Cynthia Gabriel added.
Lee said that the review of the local plan amendments by the special committee would take up to three months.
“With the new state leadership, we need to restudy and see whether the alignment has changed,” Lee said, referring to the Dash highway.
Dash was inserted into the Petaling Jaya 2 Local Plan (RTPJ2) earlier this year, amid objections from PJ residents.
MBPJ councillors have previously complained that they were informed of the city council's public display if local amendment plans, and that some of them had been been approved by them.
- See more at: http://m.themalaymailonline.com/ ... thash.iIfmFcpm.dpuf

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 02:13 PM | Show all posts
azmin ni suka cakap omputih masa sidang media tempatan,
sekalipun di istana selangor

sebab tu cina malaysianinsider suka hantar surat bahasa omputih kat dia
untuk menuntut kehendak2 cina yang pelbagai

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 02:19 PM | Show all posts
tolonglah dot dot dot. terlalu banyak thread pasal krisis politik di selangor. tolonglah

almaklum sentuh tohan politik dia, lalulah personal attack sambil merayu thread pasal pakatan di ban. maksumlah katakan.

masa kutuk orang lain / bini orang lain (aku pun tak suka), takde pulak merayu suruh katub thread. dia pun sama sorak. yg tu hak bersuara. Last edited by munchkin on 1-10-2014 02:20 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 05:37 PM | Show all posts

RE: Surat terbuka buat Azmin Ali..

Suffice to say, DASH does not bring any benefits to the residents in Damansara Perdana, Mutiara Damansara and Kota Damansara.

The only benefit I see from this highway is to property developers in Shah Alam trying to cash in on the more popular and profitable commercial sites in PJ to increase the value of their properties and sales, and many housing projects there have started advertising this highway as a sure thing.

Umah2 shah Alam yg beli umah kat sana x sentap ke ngan statement umah urban damansara perdana?
Highway ni x memberi impak utk diaorang? Statement berlagak sgt ko...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 05:38 PM | Show all posts

bagus2..
bagi MB bekerja.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-10-2014 05:39 PM | Show all posts
Aku rasa warga shah alam mesti sokong 100% projek highway ni..
Senang nak gi ke the curve n ikea bagai..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 05:45 PM | Show all posts
musim surat terbuka kah???

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-10-2014 07:37 PM | Show all posts
buat jek highway

pedulik ape aku ngan set2 urban damansara yg tak amik kesah pun bile kena kt set2 yg bkn kwsn dia

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 07:39 PM | Show all posts
set2 cina damansara akn sokong pembangkang at least smpi next election..

smbg jek buat highway...

senang nak pi shah alam

nak harap federal, ldp, nkve...dh sesak

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2014 08:06 PM | Show all posts
Next....:.........

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2014 05:34 AM | Show all posts
d'zeck posted on 1-10-2014 02:13 PM
azmin ni suka cakap omputih masa sidang media tempatan,
sekalipun di istana selangor

nasib baik meke pakai ketas putih ...bila hantar surat dalam bahaso omputih....

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2014 05:37 AM | Show all posts
Michelle Wong....hang kono tunggu taw....azmin kono...bincang dalam party...untuk mendapat mandat punya .....penyelesaian....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 09:26 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.147796 second(s), 39 queries .