CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: annehuda

Cumberbabes sila masuk sini : Tahniah bakal jadi ayah page51

[Copy link]
Post time 2-6-2014 08:07 PM | Show all posts
Full Transcript of 1945 letter proposing engagement from Christopher to Bessie (Letters Live 2014):

** This is a manual transcription - please credit and link back if using. It took a while - I kept passing out from the voice and the words. Many thanks! **  

10th April, 1945

My dear one,

Our meeting was a wonderful thing. And now we have to put up with the aftereffects. I do not feel at a very good state for writing at the moment, as the ship’s been rocking a good deal. Each morning, 10 of us have to clean out the ship’s hospital. It gets us out of other jobs like mess orderly, guards, sweeping the decks, so I got on happily with our 3 baths, and lavatory pedestals, and similar number of washbasins. 3 weeks ago when I was a temporary gentleman, a chap in Lyon’s washed and brushed up, washed out my wash basin, and now I’m doing the same. I’m not too keen on doing the scabies bathroom, but …

I wonder now if you would like to wear an engagement ring? If you would like one, and it was not unlucky or something - how would you feel about getting one? I think they are jeweler’s blessings, but if wearing one would make you the least bit happier then I’d prefer it? What do you think? I’m a blunderer, but you must excuse me. I’m starting to feel more normal again, though like you, find our days together dream-like. I hope you do not weep too much, if you did weep. And if you ever do so again, let it only be at the hardness of our separation, never in despair of our future meeting and life together. Of course, my senses have been thrilled and luxuriated in you. I have become more than a little woebegone at our post-war hopes of a home by ourselves. The figures lead me to think it will be ten years before we get the chance to choose.

When the war is over, I know you will buy what you can to ensure we do not have to make any troubles in equipping our own home. If you could manage to start house-hunting: as you know I have £350 and you nearly the same, so we could raise £700 for a first payment. I am sorry that you are alone in your searches.

You know, I can’t help feeling triumphant at our relationship. It seems so wonderful to possess your regard and possess you. I do not think I have any of the slaver mentality, but I confess I’m infinitely joyful at owning you - I feel that I do. I want you absolutely, entirely, wholly. I hope you are feeling all this too, and you know in your bones I will do anything for you. You say I said enough while on leave - I’m disgusted how little I said about ourselves and about my impressions of life abroad and the army. I’m not very happy about my deficiencies as a sweetheart: I think I tease you too much.

I should be on my knees before you, confessing my utter dependence on you, imploring your interest though I may seem to have it - telling you always that without the hope of you, I should starve and thirst. Could’ve been so much more eloquent, yet my stutterings satisfied you. I am sorry we wasted those 5 nights at Bournemouth - seems to be beside the point, but there will be many more. I’m sorry about the error of judgment regarding salmon - I’ll catch a whale for you on my return.

Hope you’re getting on all right with your spring cleaning.Personally, I think far too much is made of this event. A properly-run house, would be a shame to admit it needed a really good clean-up once a year – suburban blight. But enjoy yourself – don’t mind me. I hope you can have some time with your brother Wilfred when he’s on leave, but I think that celebration is at least pre-mature while the Japanese are so strong and the fighting is likely to last for so long. Watch how we celebrate when the Fascists are vanquished, and there is freedom in Germany and everywhere else. I shall be inclined to celebrate when fighting everywhere has ended and that people seem apparently to be taking the first steps in controlling their own destinies.

Last night I was on guard - kind of stroll around the tents. I was on 11:50pm to 1:30am, and then 5:30am to 7:30am. I thought of you sleeping peacefully while I patrol the almond trees and listen to the barks of the distant dogs and the brrrp-brrrp-brrrp-brooooo of the birds here. The feeling was with me that distance doesn’t matter. In one of your letters, you say your heart beats within me. That is good - I will look after your heart. Please always try to be happy because of future prospects rather than sorrowful because of present separation. I know it’s grim, because my hands, my lips - I am very conscious of their idleness.

I love you,

Chris

link : http://mollydobby.tumblr.com/post/87569869332/full-transcript-of-1945-letter-proposing

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-6-2014 08:11 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 08:15 PM | Show all posts
yatt_takez posted on 2-6-2014 08:07 PM
Full Transcript of 1945 letter proposing engagement from Christopher to Bessie (Letters Live 2014):

swwweeetttttnnyyyeeeee

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2014 08:15 PM | Show all posts
Letter from Chris Barker to Bessie Moore in 1945 after speding a week together

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2014 08:16 PM | Show all posts

The first letter after Chris and Bessie’s week away alone together ;-)

You know why he’s looking so happy…

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2014 08:18 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-6-2014 10:56 PM | Show all posts
Sherlock star ambushes Dame Judi Dench at Hay

Dame Judi Dench is to star alongside Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch in a forthcoming adaptation of Richard III after he ambushed her during her appearance at the Hay Festival.

She was being interviewed by TV and theatre director Richard Eyre as the literature festival drew to a close.

Cumberbatch - who had a front row seat - seized his chance during a question and answer session with the audience, asking Dame Judi to star in the play.

She replied "Yeah!".

The actor, who will play King Richard III in the new film, has reportedly been pursuing Dame Judi to star alongside him for several months.

After watching the question and answer session Cumberbatch joined Dame Judi on stage to perform short excerpts from plays including Antony and Cleopatra.

The Sherlock actor had been at the festival in Powys to take part in another event reading love letters on Saturday.

Filming on the BBC's new production of Richard III is due to begin later this year.

It is part of the Hollow Crown series of Shakespeare plays which were first broadcast on television in 2012.

During Sunday's event Dame Judi also paid tribute to her brother Jeffrey Dench, the Shakespearian actor who had been due to join her on stage but who died earlier this year.

Dame Judi's appearance was one of the final events of the Hay Festival, which has attracted tens of thousands of visitors to the town of Hay on Wye for a celebration of literature and the arts.

link : http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-27660856

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2014 10:56 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-6-2014 10:57 PM | Show all posts

Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston linked to new movie Journey's End

The Sherlock star is among a number of actors linked to a proposed new film based on the 1928 play about a group of officers in the trenches

Benedict Cumberbatch is being linked to a starring role in a proposed new film set in the trenches of the First World War.

The Sherlock star is tipped to play the lead role of the hero Captain Stanhope in a new film based on R.C Sherriff's 1928 play about a group of officers in the last year of the conflict.

In the play Stanhope is a father figure to his men but also reflects bitterly about the idiocy of war. Hiddleston is also said to be a candidate for the new film, which has not been formally financed but looks to have a good chance to be made.

According to the Sunday Times, the Fluidity Films project has been in abeyance for a number of years because of complications surrounding a series of deals stretching back to 1929. A feature film version, banned by the Nazis in 1933, was made in 1930 and a 1988 television adaptation starred Jeremy Northam.

However a letter from Prince Andrew to Warner Bros has rekindled interest in the new project, the paper reported, with the member of the Royal Family asking the head of Warner Bros UK Josh Berger to reconsider reclaiming the rights to the project and the story which the Prince said was of significance to the UK as we reach the war's 100th anniversary.

It is said that Cumberbatch may join a cast of other leading British actors in the film.

Hiddleston could be a good bet to play the enthusiastic Lieutenant Osborne in the film version while Eddie Redmayne is also a name in the frame.

Cumberbatch has already dazzled viewers with his role as the idealistic Christopher Tietjens in the BBC series Parade's End which is set during the war. Hiddleston also played a memorable part of a World War One soldier as the ill-fated Captain James Nicholls in Steven Spielberg's film version of the stage play War Horse.

Redmayne played the main character of World War One officer Stephen Wraysford in the recent BBC adaptation of Sebastian Faulks' novel Birdsong, which is also set in and around the conflict.

link : http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2 ... -movie-journeys-end

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2014 11:03 AM | Show all posts

daysofstorm:
dudeufugly:
ireneadlerstelephone:
Keira Knightley talking about her friendship with Benedict Cumberbatch. Elle magazine (July 2014) (British Edition)
when: not recently (2009 or before)
who: Mark Kermode (film critic)
why:
interview with Mark Kermode
”Has anyone reacted badly to your reviews?”
Mark Kermode: “Every now and then you get a small bit of comeback. An actor very gently punched me on air for saying something about Keira Knightley. I called her Ikea Knightley as her acting was so wooden.” (x)
“He is also ferociously chivalrous, old-fashioned even. After BBC radio’s film reviewer Mark Kermode poked fun at Keira Knightley, Cumberbatch — her co-star in Atonement — punched the critic when they appeared together on air. Kermode was amazed, though he later insisted it was ‘a light tap on the arm’ and ‘playful’.”
he’s not wrong, though, he’s not wrong.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2014 11:11 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-6-2014 11:16 AM | Show all posts
exclusive_vvip posted on 6-6-2014 11:03 AM
daysofstorm:
dudeufugly:
ireneadlerstelephone:

ai rs best je keira knightley berlakon dlm atonement tu. filem yg tak sanggup tgk kali ke2 sbb sedih sgt tgk nasib kekasih tu

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2014 01:49 PM | Show all posts
annehuda posted on 6-6-2014 11:16 AM
ai rs best je keira knightley berlakon dlm atonement tu. filem yg tak sanggup tgk kali ke2 sbb sed ...

kan...sedih sgt citer tu...memula i happy dh ingtkn betol2 diorg reunite...rupanya imaginasi brioni jer...i benci sgt kat brioni & paul marshal lam citer tu... (betul ke ejaan brioni tu?)

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2014 02:11 PM | Show all posts
annehuda posted on 6-6-2014 11:16 AM
ai rs best je keira knightley berlakon dlm atonement tu. filem yg tak sanggup tgk kali ke2 sbb sed ...

tgk skali jah jugak. tak sanggup nak repeat. ending kesah depa sgt tragis. lagik 1 part creepy abam ben.  

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2014 03:38 PM | Show all posts
ada 1 video 5 seconds abam ben kat cumberbatchcoffeeklatch....i x reti nak upload kat sini guna ipad,cute abam ben...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2014 08:31 PM | Show all posts
exclusive_vvip posted on 6-6-2014 03:38 PM
ada 1 video 5 seconds abam ben kat cumberbatchcoffeeklatch....i x reti nak upload kat sini guna ipad ...

bideo neh kan??

http://instagram.com/p/o3zWBWG5IZ/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-6-2014 08:34 PM | Show all posts
Mark Kermode tweet psl kes 'punch'
Last edited by yatt_takez on 7-6-2014 08:35 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2014 08:38 PM | Show all posts

Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy top Marvel's Doctor Strange wish list

The Sherlock and Locke actors are reportedly vying to play the lead role in the planned superhero movie...

Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are reportedly battling it out to win the lead role in Marvel's new superhero flick Doctor Strange.

We heard earlier this week that Scott Derrickson will direct the movie from a script written by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer and, according to Deadline, the two British actors are at the top of the studio's wish list.

Cumberbatch - who has picked up an enormous fan base since starring in BBC1's Sherlock - is no stranger to Hollywood blockbusters, playing villainous Khan in last year's Star Trek Into Darkness. Hardy also showed an evil streak as Bane in 2012's The Dark Knight Rises and recently starred in the critically-acclaimed thriller Locke.

The latest superhero to make it to the big screen, Doctor Strange was first introduced in the early 1960s. Real name Steven Vincent Strange, he was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko as a neurosurgeon who serves as the Sorcerer Supreme, protecting Earth against magical and mystical threats.

The character has already featured in Marvel video games as well as an animated TV series and his own straight-to-DVD film.

link : http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2 ... r-strange-wish-list

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2014 08:38 PM | Show all posts
abam ben kat boston dah??

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2014 09:26 PM | Show all posts
yatt_takez posted on 7-6-2014 08:31 PM
bideo neh kan??

yes,dear..yg nie..cute kan?...tqvm..muuuaahhh

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

3-5-2024 05:57 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073501 second(s), 42 queries .