holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 02:29 PM

Reply #119 TheHawk's post

woo... jgn luan emo Hawk deh...kontrol sikit...

tani sama2 nda tau what made him so desperate to steal the $1 atu..

he could be really desperate coz no one gives him a hand...or he could be really biasa mencuri...so we cannot be the judge.

Moral of this story is "buat lah ia satu pengajaran utk org2 yg ada niat kan mencuri.Even a $1 can land you in jail. So be aware."

http://forum.cari.com.my/images/common/sigline.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/holmes15/tech/newsig.gif

holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 02:37 PM

Reply #120 TheHawk's post

wokey.

may be its very confidential as its something to do with the nation.

hopefully this time round, this project is an advantage to the country and not to any individual... hom ani bkn jua ahli politik or ahli ekonomi...so ani tah sja my point.

when I asked about the safety of the environment - I was pointing to the surroundng people living in that area.As you are aware that is a residential area bah..

TheHawk Publish time 13-4-2007 03:05 PM

Originally posted by holmes at 13-4-2007 02:29 PM
woo... jgn luan emo Hawk deh...kontrol sikit...

tani sama2 nda tau what made him so desperate to steal the $1 atu..

he could be really desperate coz no one gives him a hand...or he could be ...

Hawk fully agree with u holmes but still we must not laugh at what happen! Ada tah pasal nya tu. Bolih jadi didikan kan kurang, bolih jadi ia nda berapa berakal! My point here is, do not laugh at what people do because you never know it may happen to you or your chldren one day!

TheHawk Publish time 13-4-2007 03:09 PM

Originally posted by holmes at 13-4-2007 02:37 PM
wokey.

may be its very confidential as its something to do with the nation.

hopefully this time round, this project is an advantage to the country and not to any individual... hom ani bkn...

I am very sure that the government has look into that issue!:)

holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 03:17 PM

Reply #123 TheHawk's post

wokey point taken.I think nape si hakeemm laughed is that just coz of $1 atu landed that guy in jail... kalau ia tau that will happen...surely ia nda mencuri nda ja?

Anyway, atu pun bulih dijadikan pengajaran rah tani jua...supaya mendidik anak with moral values.Ganya kadang ada jua anak2 yatim yg nada indung bapa kan mengajar bisdia...harapkan org yg menjaga sja.

holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 03:19 PM

Reply #124 TheHawk's post

hopefully coz I heard the bad side of that project jua...Case closed.

TheHawk Publish time 13-4-2007 03:29 PM

Originally posted by holmes at 13-4-2007 03:17 PM
wokey point taken.I think nape si hakeemm laughed is that just coz of $1 atu landed that guy in jail... kalau ia tau that will happen...surely ia nda mencuri nda ja?

Anyway, atu pun bulih di ...

Exactly my point holmes! I have seen children in Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and grown ups in Europe, US yg minta sedekah ani bah, membari kesian meliat. Even di Brunei ani pun ada jua org kitani yg susah. Hawk pernah experienced the other day, di parking di Ripas yg dekat bilik mayat ada seorg pemuda minta hantar ke bandar, kata nya nada org mengantar balik se lapas melawat peradian nya yg sakit di hospital. That was almost midnight. Takut jua Hawk tapi Hawk antar jua lah walaupun rumah Hawk going the opposite way. Sudah sampai ketambing, minta tia jua 50cts kan pakai tambang kesubarang. Of course Hawk tolong sal kalau ia nda susah nda ia kan minta 50cts ganya, kenapa nda $10. Ia tah maka nya Hawk sensiitive ni kalau ada org ketawakan pasal org lain. Bukan emo but Hawk cuma being practical.

TheHawk Publish time 13-4-2007 03:33 PM

Originally posted by holmes at 13-4-2007 03:19 PM
hopefully coz I heard the bad side of that project jua...Case closed.

Awu holmes it's better we don't talk about it here. Kalau mau u can go to Bruclass forum, byk tu org discuss topic yg hot hot hehehe!:)

holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 03:39 PM

Reply #127 TheHawk's post

wokey...baik jua Hawk atu ah berani... kadang2 bknnya org banar tu Hawk..

drug addicts etc.. mun di Kg aying atu bah bnyk kali tu...tapi ganya tani nda bulih say semua or rata2 org di sana atu addicts..good example is org mencuri..serial robbers atu...ada jua kesnya last2 rupanya bisdia atu baguna usin pasal kan membali dadah!

semoga your good deeds mendapt balasan dari Allah.

bah lets get over this.hom nda brpa suka di drag...karang kurang meriah tah Bod ani...MUN PAHAM BISAI... :P

holmes Publish time 13-4-2007 03:46 PM

Reply #128 TheHawk's post

heard bout Bruclass ani jua..

sowie lah that's not my kinda forum..;P   hom nda gemar arguments.

Hawk ani must be one of the forumers Bruclass ni..:P

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:41 AM

His Majesty Calls For ć…›oble

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:42 AM

Prison Warden Escapes Death For Drugs
By Ignatius Stephen

Bandar Seri Begawan - A drug pushing prison warden who escaped the hangman's noose will end up having a taste of his own medicine.

Thirty-four-year-old Norsaidi bin Hj Bangkol faced before Chief Justice Dato Seri Paduka Mohammed Saiecl, and Mr Justice Dato Paduka Steven Chong multiple drug charges which was enough to send him to the gallows. He will instead serve five years in prison and receive five strokes of the cane.

Norsaidi who served as prison warden for 13 years and had a spotless record said that he began taking drugs because his friends told him it was good for relieving stress.

But since his trouble with the law began, his wife left him and his three children are looked after by his elderly parents his counsel Mr Roy Prabakaran of Cheok Sankaram and Halim told the court.

Norsaidi initially faced a charge of possession for the trafficking of 202.574 grammes of crystalline substances containing 153.267 grammes of methylamphetamine.

Subsequently, the Public Prosecutor Haji Nabil Darina Pehin Badaruddin preferred an alternative charge of possession for trafficking of 4.662 grammes of crystalline substances containing 3.493 grammes of methylamp-hetamine to which Norsaidi pleaded guilty.

Additionally, he pleaded guilty to another two counts for possession of 0.345 grammes of crystalline substances containing 0.264 grammes of methylamphetamine.

He pleaded guilty to a further offence of possession of 0.2456 grammes of methylamphetamine.

The court heard that on the night of January 4, 2005, a party of narcotics officers carried out a raid at No.2, Block F4, Prison Warders Flat Jalan Kerakas Payau, Kg Kupang, Tutong.

Norsaidi was arrested in a room and a search of his trouser pocket yielded a plastic packet containing crystalline substances.

A small green bag was found on the lawn outside the fiat. He had thrown this bag out through the window before he was arrested. The bag contained an envelope with $50 and a plastic case with seven packets of crystalline substances.

Upon analysis by the Department of Scientific Services, the packet of crystalline substances seized from the trouser pocket of D1 was found to contain 0.264 grammes of methylamphetamine which is a class A controlled drug.

The seven packets of crystalline substances from the bag contained 3.493 grammes of methylamphetamine. His urine specimen collected after his arrest was also found to be positive for methylamphetamine.

He confessed that he bought the 'packet of drugs which he kept in his trouser pocket from a friend for $50 for his own consumption.

He also bought the seven packets of drugs discovered in the bag from D2 and would pay him $500 after he had sold the drugs. The money in the envelope was derived from drug trafficking.

The defendant is 34 years old and had served as a prison warden for 13 years, Mr Prabhakaran said, adding that his client regrets his "mindless actions" and promises never to be involved in drugs again.

He started taking methylampltetamine, commonly called syabu, about two years ago having been persuaded by friends that it was a "good stress relief' but inevitably became addicted to it.

He then resorted to drug dealing to feed his habit. His wife has left him because of these offences and their three young children are under the care of his elderly parents,

We sympathise with the defendant's family and in particular his children.

The defendant, however, can expect no sympathy from the court. Considering his background he cannot claim to be unaware of the risks he ran when he began to indulge in drugs and in becoming a trafficker, the court ruled.

The court gave credit to the defendant for his guilty pleas and previous good character.

Having regard to the guidelines set out by the Court of Appeal and took into consideration the defendant's admission to the possession offence under Section 13A of the Criminal Procedure Code. The court sentenced him as follows:

1. Possession for fine purpose of trafficking of 3.493 grains of methylamphetamine five years' imprisonment and five strokes,

2. Possession of 0.345 grammes of methylamphetamine two months' imprisonment,

3. Consumption of methylamphetamine one month's imprisonment.

The sentences are to be served concurrently from the date he was first remanded in custody. -- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:43 AM

Brunei Princes At Sandhurst Royal Military Academy Sovereign Parade

Bandar Seri Begawan - His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Brunei Darussalam and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah attended the Sovereign Parade marking the end of training of Their Royal Highnesses' sons, Prince Abdul Fattaah and Prince Abdul Mu'min at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, United Kingdom, yesterday.

General Sir John Reith KCB CBE represented Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as the Reviewing Officer during the Sovereign Parade.

The ceremony involved up to 455 cadets including 80 women and 36 overseas cadets from 22 countries on parade, with up to 218 officer cadets passing out and receiving their commissions. These included 34 women and 22 overseas cadets from 13 countries.

There were four cadets officers from Brunei Darussalam that have been commissioned as army officers after graduating from The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Amongst them were two sons of HRH Prince Mohamed Bolkiah and HRH Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah, namely Prince Abdul Fattaah and Prince Abdul Mu'min who entered Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in January 2006.

Sandhurst is a military base and a place for royals and future rulers to train and study

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:43 AM

Bank Warns Of Get-Rich-Quick Scam, SMS Syndicate In Labuan
By Rosli Abidin Yahya

Bandar Seri Begawan - Local depositors investing in Labuan have been advised not to get involved in the eet-rich-quick investment programme known as "Solid Profit 2 U Program".

The programme which was introduced by the so-called 'Solid Group', which claims collaboration with CIMB Bank, is a fraud, said CI MB Bank Labuan in a statement.

The bank confirmed that it has never entered into any 'nvestment arrangement with the said party.

It further confirmed that "Solid Profit 2 U Program" is lot a genuine programme and consumers or depositors from the Sultanate in Labuan may be at risk of losing their investments.

"Depositors must avoid unauthorised deposit-taking activities to protect their investment," the bank added in its statement.

The bank also reminded the public that the newly-detected syndicate known as "Audisi KDI 4" or "Audition KDI 4" that sends out SMS messages claiming that "you have won a cash prize of RM9,000" is a fraud and is not authorised by the bank.

KDI 4 or "4th Kontes Dangdut Indonesia" is a reality talent singing contest in Indonesia in which a local singer from Seria, Malai Sani Malai Yahya or Suny also took part. Suny was reported to have finished third out of 22 contestants in the final held last March 24 in Jakarta. The local boy currently runs a music production studio in Jakarta, Indonesia and intends to launch his singing career from the city.

The event also featured Marcel, an artiste from Sabah. -- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:47 AM

Kampong Beribi, Mukim Gadong 'B' Head Village Election Certificate Awarding Ceremony

Brunei & Muara District is organising the Kampong Beribi, Mukim Gadong 'B' Head Village Election Certificate Awarding Ceremony on Sunday, April 15 at 2 pm located at No: 8, Simpang 456-25-10, Kampong Beribi, Mukim Gadong 'B' (Residence of Kampong Beribi, Mukim Gadong 'B' Head Village).
The guest of honour is Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Awang Haji Adnan bin Haji Hanafiah, Deputy Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs.

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:48 AM

The First National Orthopaedic Symposium Opening Ceremony

Ministry of Health is organising The First National Orthopaedic Symposium Opening Ceremony on Sunday, April 15 at 8 am located at the Indera Kayangan Ballroom, The Empire Hotel and Country Club, Jerudong.
The guest of honour is Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Indera Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Haji Suyoi bin Haji Osman, Minister of Health.

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:50 AM

Bukit Dadap Challenge Kampong Kilanas Consultative Council holds Bukit Dadap Challenge in conjunction with the 23rd National Day of Brunei Darussalam on Sunday, April 15 at 7.30 am located at Orang Kaya Setia Bakti Primary School, Kilanas, Jalan Tutong.
It's open to Brunei & Muara District Permanent Resident.

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:51 AM

Community Campaign for Demolishing House Brunei & Muara District Office is organising a Community Campaign for Demolishing House on Sunday, April 15 at 8 am located at Lot 14580, Kg. Selayun, Sengkurong 'B', Mukim Sengkurong.
The guest of honour is Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Haji Md. Yussop bin Bakar, Brunei & Muara District Officer.

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:52 AM

General Meeting Former Participants of South East Asia Youth Ship Programma's Association is organising its General Meeting on Sunday, April 15 at 2 pm located at Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex, Berakas.

TheHawk Publish time 15-4-2007 08:54 AM

The Launching & Closing Ceremony for Charity Activities

The Launching & Closing Ceremony for Charity Activities (Persatuan Smarter Brunei 'Cabaran Lima Bukit') will be held on Sunday, April 15 at 6.45 am located at Tasek Lama Recreational Park, Bandar Seri Begawan.
The guest of honour is Yang Mulia Awang Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Rahman, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Youth & Sports.
Meanwhile, the Closing Ceremony will be held at 1 pm located at Bukit Shahbandar Recreational Park, Jerudong and the guest of honour is Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Awang Haji Idris bin Haji Balaman, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
View full version: ✰ Brunei Darussalam ~ NEWS & HILITES ✰

ADVERTISEMENT