CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 39639|Reply: 355

Saman Domino Lepas Staff Domino Panggil Ke|Ing : Update Jawapan Domino page7, Ra

[Copy link]
Post time 8-5-2012 12:52 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by Magika at 9-5-2012 07:22

‘I’m suing because Indians are not beggars’

KUALA LUMPUR: A former IT consultant shocked at being referred to as ‘keling’ by a staff at Domino’s Pizza is planning to sue its operators Dommal Food Services Sdn Bhd. ‘Keling’ is considered a derogatory term by Indians.

C Kuna, 32, from Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, said on March 26, she called Domino’s to order a pizza and was treated rudely.

“My call was attended by a Domino’s staff who introduced himself as Suhaimi. However, he passed the line to another person who introduced herself as Hani.

“While I was on the phone, I overheard Suhaimi saying to Hani that ‘keling’ (Indians) are always lazy. He did not realise that I was still on the phone,” she told FMT.

Kuna added that she then called back and spoke to the ‘team leader’ who went by name of Ashraf to file a complaint after Hani and Suhaimi denied having uttered the derogatory word.

“The next day, a Domino’s staff by the name of K Atchuthan from the contact centre wanted me to provide more detail about the matter.

“During the phone call, Atchuthan admitted and apologised to me over the incident,” Kuna said.

Insulting Indians

She added that Atchuthan also asked that he be given a week to conduct an internal inquiry and promised that Domino’s manager will call for further action.

“The manager has not contacted me until today. But on April 10, I received a letter of apology signed by the manager,” said Kuna.

In the letter, the operators apologised for the incident and racist remark.They also claimed that the trainee involved was terminated.

But Kuna is not appeased. She is further riled that the letter came with 10 free Domino’s vouchers.

“This is ridiculous. Domino’s is an international brand and it is now obvious that they have a low opinion of the Indian community. An apology letter is not enough.

“They’ve insulted me by attaching 10 free pizza vouchers to the letter.

“They said it was a token of appreciation because I complained, but I’m insulted…they want to settle with 10 vouchers?” she asked.

Kuna said she has decided to sue the company and is in the midst of seeking legal advise.

“I have decided to sue the company to show that Indians are not beggars,” she said.

Domino’s could not be contacted for comment at press time.

Jawapan dari Domino

Domino’s: Prompt action taken against rude staff

PETALING JAYA: Popular pizza delivery company Domino’s Pizza today said it took immediate steps to terminate the services of a trainee staff who had uttered a derogatory racial remark to a customer.

The company has also issued a memo to all its staff to remind them of the company guidelines and the consequences of contravening actions.

It is also monitoring its Customer Service Centre operations more closely, said Shamsul Amree Ab Rahman, the deputy general manager of Dommal Food Services Sdn Bhd, the operators of Domino’s Pizza.

He was referring to a FMT report yesterday in which former IT consultant C Kuna had complained that she was referred to as ‘keling’ by a staff at Domino’s when she had called to order a pizza on March 26. ‘Keling’ is considered a derogatory term by Indians.

Kuna had further said that while the operators apologised for the incident through a letter, she however felt insulted when they offered her 10 free Domino’s vouchers.

“This is ridiculous. Domino’s is an international brand and it is now obvious that they have a low opinion of the Indian community. An apology letter is not enough.

“They’ve insulted me by attaching 10 free pizza vouchers to the letter. They said it was a token of appreciation because I complained, but I’m insulted…they want to settle with 10 vouchers?” she had said yesterday. She also threatened to sue Domino’s Pizza over the incident.

Goodwill gesture

In a statement issued to FMT today, Dommal Food Services once again issued an apology to Kuna over the rude remark made by the trainee staff.

“Domino’s Pizza does not condone the use of any racist remarks by our staff nor do we discriminate based on creed, colour, national origin, or sex.

“To demonstrate how seriously we view this situation, within 24 hours of the said incident taking place, we took strict remedial action and terminated the services of the trainee involved and blacklisted this individual from future employment at Domino’s Pizza Malaysia,” said Shamsul Amree.

He added that its head of customer service K Atchuthan had contacted Kuna to personally apologise and explain all the remedial action that was being taken to ensure that such an incident was not repeated.

He also said that the 10 free pizza vouchers were given as a goodwill gesture, adding that the pizza company regretted any misunderstanding caused by this gesture.

“The gift was given as an indication of our goodwill. It was never our intention to treat the incident lightly or be insensitive to Kuna’s feelings,” he said.

He further clarified that based on the recording of the telephone conversation between Kuna and the trainee staff, Domino’s discovered that the staff had not uttered the word ‘lazy’ as claimed by the customer.

All calls through the company’s call centre are recorded for training and audit purposes.

“We recognize that it is Kuna’s right to proceed with any action she may decide to take.

“However, this incident is deeply and sincerely regretted by all at Domino’s Pizza as we believe that we have taken every step possible to effectively address the situation,” he added.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-5-2012 12:55 AM | Show all posts

Saman Domino Lepas Staff Domino Panggil Ke|Ing

maknanya beggar ke?

(posted by mobile)

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:16 AM | Show all posts
Reply 1# Magika

trainee tu dah kena fired.  official letter dari management minta maap dah dihantar. plus vouchers as a gesture of goodwill.  although personally i don't condone hal2 berkaitan racism, tapi apa yg minah ni expect?  apa kesudahan yg dia nak?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:16 AM | Show all posts
apa makna keling?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:20 AM | Show all posts
kalau order domino delivery kene chop malas ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:26 AM | Show all posts

Suka besarkan isu.

(posted by mobile)

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-5-2012 01:26 AM | Show all posts

Suka besarkan isu.

(posted by mobile)

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:27 AM | Show all posts
ramai keling yg aku kenal rajin, cina yg aku kenal, byk gak malas nak mampus...... adakah aku racist?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-5-2012 01:47 AM | Show all posts
...dasar mulayu haprak berkerak tak sedor diri jadi kuli franchise milik zionis yahudi.....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 01:49 AM | Show all posts
kerana mulot habis susu sebelanga.. ahaks

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:12 AM | Show all posts
pergh
keling nikan

1 Demo
2 Saman
3 Kuil
4 Ular
5 Mabuk
6 kaki pukul
7 Bakar
8 Pariah
9 Asal England

kalau kita  kata keling ni hitam
kena saman tak

tapi pasti kena potong kredit -500

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:12 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:15 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cm_gagahperkasa at 8-5-2012 02:17

Reply 12# juliez

Tanjung Keling kat Melaka tu

dah tukar nama Tanjung Pariah ke belum.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:16 AM | Show all posts
Reply 1# Magika

TT gambar tak terangg boleh terangkan tak
tak nampaklah

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:18 AM | Show all posts
aikkk.. mcm laaaaaaaa keling luar sane tak penah 'beggar' kan melayu.. ececececehhh.. halau kang tau lah!

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:41 AM | Show all posts
nak saman jota-jota la tu! Eceh.. mmg keling btol perangai!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-5-2012 02:48 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Bateesta at 8-5-2012 03:01

knapa keling ni nk marah, mmg bangsa dia keling pun kan

mcm melayu, nama negara malaysia, x akan org melayu bila ditanya bangsa , nak ckp bangsa malaysia lak

mstilah bangsa melayu , kan lain tu negara dn bangsa

yg aku x fhm keling ni marah bila org panggil dia keling nape ? lainlah orang tu panggil dia CAUCASIAN ke, PERSIAN ke

hrp smua fhm apa isunya ye

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 02:55 AM | Show all posts
bodoh betul la set2 gagak ginih.....org2 india kat negara depa pun tak terhina ketuanan pun kalau panggey keling. hat kat mesia ni berlagak sorang2 macam arunnachalam!

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 03:00 AM | Show all posts
bg muka , naik atas kpala lak...layan lagi la pkcik najib...hampehhhhhhh

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2012 03:35 AM | Show all posts
ramai keling yg aku kenal rajin, cina yg aku kenal, byk gak malas nak mampus...... adakah aku racist ...
Acong Post at 8-5-2012 01:27

8#

tak baik tau panggil orang itu Keling

keling pun orang juga

tolonglah jgn pangil keling atau Pariah wokay

ingat ya jangan panggil keling atgau Pariah wokay

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-9-2024 02:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056256 second(s), 38 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.