CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: RatuDunia94

[DPS V19] UPDATES MISS UNIVERSE 2014 : Support Sabrina Beneett in Doral, MIAMI!

[Copy link]
Post time 16-1-2015 12:22 PM | Show all posts
chaintea replied at 16-1-2015 12:17 PM
Kita kemain marahkn makeup n hairdo sabby dlm EG
Tup tup dlm Misso gaun Sabby top 10 okeyh

Misso pun predict Debb menang MU ...
tup2  placing pun tarak

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-1-2015 01:23 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
chaintea replied at 16-1-2015 12:17 PM
Kita kemain marahkn makeup n hairdo sabby dlm EG
Tup tup dlm Misso gaun Sabby top 10 okeyh

Taknak tepek kat sini ke.... leh kita baca...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 02:05 PM | Show all posts
MABUHAY MISSOSOLOGY =p" title="cheerdance" style="border-width: 0px;">
*blows three kisses ala MJ Lastimosa*

I will be very honest, the biggest reason why I watch pageants are because of the candidates dresses. Evening gowns as they say, have no bearing with the candidate's chances of placing, moreso, winning - but I beg to differ. In a very competitive pageant like Miss Universe, you have to show the judges, the organizers and your other competitors that you have the style (and the sponsors) to bring it up during the competition.

This year has been a good gown year for Miss Universe! It is definitely not just a year of stunning girls but beautiful gowns as well, but before we talk about that, I would like to give a shout out to Mr. Nick Verreos, a very influential international blogger and fashion designer who gives witty, funny and interesting yet very insightful commentaries come different pageant seasons. Sir, I know you read around here at Missosology as you sometimes quote us in your pageant dish and scoops in your blogposts. You are one of my biggest inspirations in fashion critiquing and my knowledge in fashion in general. FOLLOW HIS BLOG at nickverrreos.blogspot.com. KISSES FROM THE FILIPINAS!

That being said, I would like to give my fearless fashion grade for the women of the 63rd Miss Universe. I selected my TOP dressed ladies in this year in their portraits.

Colombia
Many people instantly recognized this dress the moment her unofficial pictorial pictures went out. Well, if a dress has this excellent fitting, design and impact, I WILL NEVER THINK TWICE TO WEAR IT AGAIN, especially if it was my WINNING GOWN from my Nationals. Lovely nude color and silhouette and interesting fabrication, this was what defines a pageant gown - the one the accentuates her TEENY TINY WAIST and elongates her frame more. That said, I really raised my eyebrows when I knew that this was a Barrazza. One of the bests.

Mexico
I thought that this salmon pink lacy sequin and applique dress was done right and does not belong to its cousins that belong to the 2011-2012 years. The DRAMATIC TRAIN DID IT FOR ME. Also, reviewing the official coverage, Josselyn had the best wardrobe of a NBM in recent years. Lots of elegant pieces, although of same fabrication (Dear, at least her official wardrobe sponsor are consistent in giving FAB outfits to her).

Russia
NOW THIS IS A FAB DRESS. Kids, for your EXPENSIVE information, this belongs to Elie Saab Spring/Summer 2014 collection. It was A VERY IMPACTING DRESS, a quite impacting and surprising at the same time considering the price of such haute couture pieces does not go down at the 6-digit mark. This beautiful Swarovski studded dress with intricate embroidery features a pencil skirt underneath a full balloon skirt with pockets. It is just sad how the photographer was not able to bring out such fabulousness out Miss Russia's photo, considering such BEAUTIFUL work of art is his subject. In my opinion though, she should switch it up come the prelims because this dress is quite hard to work on stage (but I won't complain if she doesn't). Together with Mexico, Miss Russia, Miss Singapore and another lady on this list, Miss Indonesia - they are my top dressed ladies of this competition

MalaysiaDuring her sendoff, the Miss Malaysian team already showed us this dress and I still like it. The bronze/gold metallic fabrication of this peplum fit-to-flare gown and the chic banding on the sweetheart neckline is so pretty. NO TACKY ACCESSORIES TOO!

Puerto Rico
This lime green and black creation is interesting. The lime green straight cut satin dress is turned into a mermaid gown by a black tulle overlay which is very fashion forward to me, although I would have picked a different color. Worth the risk Miss Puerto Rico, she definitely made a statement.

Korea
What a dangerous dress. This jersey gown features an asymmetric cut with nude panels to provide illusion of her torso. I love the fit on her and how it brings some sexyness out of her very cute aura. Interesting navy blue color too.

Indonesia
I will admit, I wasn't a fan of Miss Indonesia at the opening of this season but seeing her in this dress at the unoffical pictures, I am converted to a believer. Im guessing this is a Sherri Hil and one of the pageant gown house's creations that they did correctly. It fits her like a glove and accentuates her long frame. The subtle mix of gold and silver rectangular sequins make this gown a very impacting one. THE BEST OF THE SEQUINED DRESS IMHO. PROPS TO FOR PUTTING ON AN UPDO. Love her hair.

Venezuela
Gionni Straccia created this uber fitted gown for Miss Venezuela. I am very sure that she will switch it up for the prelim and I can't hide my excitement for that dress (I am silently praying that she uses her pink Nidal dress she won the Miss Venezuela pageant last year with) but for the meantime, we have here a ruby red satin fit-to flare dress. In the sea of mettalics, sequins and lace, this is a standout. The solid color with minimal beading - a Straccia trademark - makes me go gaga over this dress.

USA
Miss USA's dress features white lace floral applique on a white chiffon base. I love the fit and the shape but the star in this creation is the open back done correctly!

Honorable Mentions:
Jamaica - I am all for the torso (HELLO FABULOUS SHOULDER AND CHEST PANELS) and top sections but those busy mermaid part, NO BUENO!

Lebanon - I read here that this piece was from the Tony Ward collection from the fashion show last year. I am itching to remove those tacky rossettes off the waist of this skirt.

Argentina - Also one of the bests in overall sequined, but I dont like my sequined dresses to have too much train.

Kenya - Love the fit! I am super pleasantly surprised with this gown considering the quality of the dresses our Misses from Africa used to present us before!

Peru - Fabrication wise, this is a hit. HER HAIR AMPED HER #DIOSA factor though.

Netherlands - Love the canary color under the egg yolk yellow overlay WITH NO SEQUINS. But this dress makes her look chunky.

Bahamas - CLASSIC LOOK. Refeshing silhouette too. But placing her here because...

Finland - Almost stole her look (Miss Bahamas). I AM ALL FOR THE CROPPED TOP THOUGH.

France - Pretty gown but is 2 inches short. Oh the cons of being a glamazon...

There you go girls! Thanks for dropping by and I absolutely appreciate all your input!
BESOS!

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 03:08 PM | Show all posts
RatuDunia94 replied at 16-1-2015 04:45 AM
katanye ni gown MJ utk preliminary (kabar angin)
tp MJ pakai utk event charity auction. so pinoy le ...

buruknya baju MJ ni. sanggup pulak dia pakai. sapa la yang pilih sapa laa yang design.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 05:12 PM | Show all posts
pittjie replied at 16-1-2015 03:08 PM
buruknya baju MJ ni. sanggup pulak dia pakai. sapa la yang pilih sapa laa yang design.

Mesti mdm stella yg pilih

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 05:25 PM | Show all posts
orglama replied at 16-1-2015 05:12 PM
Mesti mdm stella yg pilih

tuan punya badan tak de hak nak say no ke orglama?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 16-1-2015 05:30 PM | Show all posts
pittjie replied at 16-1-2015 05:25 PM
tuan punya badan tak de hak nak say no ke orglama?

Sapa yg berani nak lawan mdm stella? Nak kena lucut as miss pilipin? Ikut aje la ckp bos besar...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 07:58 PM | Show all posts
chaintea replied at 16-1-2015 02:05 PM
MABUHAY MISSOSOLOGY =p" title="cheerdance" style="border-width: 0px;">
*blows three kisses ala MJ  ...

nasib gaun cantik wlpun sabby kat sana kurang ummphhhh

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-1-2015 08:00 PM | Show all posts

punya lah ummah misso ckp dia sendu/faded
tup2 pas eg ngn ss kuar, kevavvoommmmm
asset dia kurus ngn tinggi

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:05 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mj will place, by hook or by crook. So kita kena redha awal2. Cuma kesian kat peserta lain yg gojes. Antaranya;
Ecuador : gojes walopun beliau mengaku ada buat plastic surgery. Ok lettew at least mengaku. Haha. Communication skills bagus, fluent in english. Body pun well toned.
Costa Rica : makcik ni mmg sex appeal beliau uummph sgt. Antara body plg mantop tahun ni.
Mexico : classy! Best wardrobe bg iols tahun ni. Ckp english pun fluent and ada degree in nutritionist!

But good thing this year kalau uols perasan agak ramai contestant yg body x well toned. So sabby takde la nampak out of place gitew. For example aruba, finland, japan, even serbia yg gojes tu pun tak well toned dekat bahagian thigh beliau. Tp honestly kalau abs sabby well toned mmg lagi gempak ahh.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:10 PM | Show all posts
wings, yg i npk suka 'cari gaduh' ngn butthurt ngra mj kat misso buat honest review katanya
ada malaysia, so i tepeklah

wingsofnightingale wrote:
Time for some honest review

1. COLOMBIA - Be insecure, she is so IN to WIN. Her angles are perfect.I find her better than Taliana Vargas. I love how people try to put her down when their own girls are not beautiful from any angle. We all know who those people are and from which country. >

2. PUERTO RICO - She is getting undeserved hatred which is kind of uncalled for. The rabid fans are completely threatened by this well prepared girl. She has nailed all her appearances so far. Definitely to watch out for at the prelims :=p

3. VENEZUELA - She has the face which many girls can only dream of having. Overweight or underweight...she will be up there. I love how she has brought so much life to this pageant.  <:-P

4. INDIA - The only beautiful Asian followed by Indonesia. She has been nailing all her pics and is there on the haters radar. She has been spot on, all this while and is just going to get better.Watch out for her at the prelims. YOU WILL BE STUNNED.  :!!

5. SERBIA - She is effortlessly beautiful. I think she needs to add up more personality while talking but that all is forgivable when you have such an angelic face. I don't care which irrelevant pageant she has been to before. she was meant for MU and she is here.  :hx

6. MEXICO - She is a breath of fresh air. I so love the fact that she always looks her best. I am glad she is not taking any kind of pressure and tension. She is well prepared and she knows her game.  :-P

7. NETHERLANDS - She has completely surprised me throughout her journey. I never thought she would shine like this. She is very queenly and her frame is beautiful. I loved her interview as well. She definitely deserves a top 15 spot.  8->

8. PHILIPPINES - She just faded in the sea of beauties. Being not beautiful is one thing but she should have maintained her individuality and not tried to look and act like latinas. Looks aged most of the time and too pageant patty. Her teeth totally ruin her facial harmony. A complete disaster so far ! after all "Hype cannot make you look beautiful if you are not in the first place." :zzz

9. BRAZIL - She is the one girl I am looking for in the prelims. She just cannot be put down. I love her fierce aura. I laugh when people even try to put down Melisa because its redundant. She is a performer. >=p

10. SPAIN - I am amazed how people are trying their hardest possible to find out flaws in her. She is the most complete candidate in my eyes. And nothing can stop her. She carries off well almost everything and anything she wears. :hx

11. LITHUANIA - The girl needs more hype. She is completely UNDERRATED. She is also one of the best faces of the competition. She has bloomed and blossomed with time and is now in her best form. :7

12. MALAYSIA - This girl is very personable and genuine. I won't mind at all if she makes the first cut. She has been looking good and well managed. I just hope she brings it on during the prelims. :=p

13. SOUTH AFRICA - Probably the best ebony beauty in my eyes along with Angola and Gabon. I love when she talks and has so much to tell. She radiates lot of good vibes and positive energy and I can feel it. :hx

14. USA - I don't know why I feel she is fading. She started off quite well and has maintained the momentum but lately I am not really feeling her. but she is USA. So definitely one to watch out for in the preliminary competition. <:-P

15. COSTA RICA - Undeniably telegenic, Karina has the best body in the pageant IMO. She looks great in motion and I love how she adds so much personality in her moves. She is an upgrade to Fabiana in all means and should place

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:11 PM | Show all posts
Edited by kosukeconan at 16-1-2015 08:15 PM

wooooo tht ass!!
tp xtau dr ngara mana

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:19 PM | Show all posts
RatuDunia94 replied at 16-1-2015 04:09 AM
sape kate x diambil kire?

Juri2 Miss Universe especially utk preliminary usha peserta2 MU melal ...

True that first impression is important and to have beautiful shots will make us more memorable. But comes prelims, esp interview, i think sabby could turN the situation to her favour with her charm and wit. Pikir positive habis la ni. Hahaha. Past years byk jer delegates yg gmbr wtf but masuk prelims. Taktau la if they got in due to political reason.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:23 PM | Show all posts
Edited by kosukeconan at 16-1-2015 08:32 PM

ada sabby kt blkg oh?sabby pakai flats?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:25 PM | Show all posts

lg queenly kalau dia letak tgn kat pinggang
n berlagak diva smbil senyum manis sikit

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 08:29 PM | Show all posts
zidane2011 replied at 16-1-2015 08:05 PM
Mj will place, by hook or by crook. So kita kena redha awal2. Cuma kesian kat peserta lain yg gojes. ...

dah redha dah mj masuk top16
bygkan kalo dia xmasuk, mau meroyan misso

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-1-2015 08:37 PM | Show all posts
Of course mj akan masuk...kalau tak lepas habis announcement top 16 sure separuh dpd penonton di dewan balik dah n trafik kat internet utk live telecast 75% takde dah...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 10:57 PM | Show all posts
kosukeconan replied at 16-1-2015 08:11 PM
wooooo tht ass!!
tp xtau dr ngara mana

Turkey
iras azra akin winner mw 2002 from turkey versi tua
masa muda cute

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2015 11:16 PM | Show all posts
  1. ada sabby kt blkg oh?sabby pakai flats?
Copy the Code

khabarnya sabby sprained her ankle..actually masa catwalk pakai ss tu kaki dia dh sakit dah

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2015 12:41 AM | Show all posts
Sian sabby...harap dia jaga diri n do her best di prelim nanti

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

4-10-2024 02:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.456119 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.